Still Lookin For A Bed

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Still Lookin For A Bed

Postby Dahlia47 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:35 am

Well... an easier bed. I've looked on youtube, vanlife forum, here. I still haven't been able to find a bed that would be easy on my back. We took the travel trailer out this past weekend and ugh! Just need an easier one. I have looked at the fold-out couches and I don't like them. And with the width of the travel trailer, they wouldn't fit correctly. This winter when it cools down here in south-central Texas, I will be doing the yearly maintenance. I would like to do a better bed build. If any of you have any new ideas or come across a pic or video, send it my way!
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Re: Still Lookin For A Bed

Postby Capebuild » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:56 am

I'm constructing a platform that converts from bed to sofa. I needed to find a supplier that can make a bed that had the correct tri-folding feature.
When we visited California recently we went to this place in the link. They were great and lots of great suggestions (such as making the 3rd portion where your
feet wind up being (in bed position) be a different hardness foam than where your back is so when it's folded up to couch position you're sitting on that different durometer cushion.
They'll cut your foam any dimension you want, they ship, and have numerous thicknesses.
Here's the link: https://www.foamorder.com

John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:56 am

Dahlia47 wrote:Well... an easier bed. I've looked on youtube, vanlife forum, here. I still haven't been able to find a bed that would be easy on my back. We took the travel trailer out this past weekend and ugh! Just need an easier one. I have looked at the fold-out couches and I don't like them. And with the width of the travel trailer, they wouldn't fit correctly. This winter when it cools down here in south-central Texas, I will be doing the yearly maintenance. I would like to do a better bed build. If any of you have any new ideas or come across a pic or video, send it my way!

I'll put our teardrop mattress next to any mattress in any bedroom or motel anywhere. It's 5" of medium density foam with a bonded 3" memory foam on top purchased from the Foam Factory.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:33 am

tony.latham wrote:
Dahlia47 wrote:Well... an easier bed. I've looked on youtube, vanlife forum, here. I still haven't been able to find a bed that would be easy on my back. We took the travel trailer out this past weekend and ugh! Just need an easier one. I have looked at the fold-out couches and I don't like them. And with the width of the travel trailer, they wouldn't fit correctly. This winter when it cools down here in south-central Texas, I will be doing the yearly maintenance. I would like to do a better bed build. If any of you have any new ideas or come across a pic or video, send it my way!

I'll put our teardrop mattress next to any mattress in any bedroom or motel anywhere. It's 5" of medium density foam with a bonded 3" memory foam on top purchased from the Foam Factory.

Tony

We bought what Tony has, and I agree. :thumbsup: This Summer we are staying at my Mom's and I much prefer the teardrop to her guest bed. We will probably have to buy another foam factory mattress to replace the one in our cabin when we get back.

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Dahlia47 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:57 am

I'm sorry. I worded that wrong.
I need the bed to fold from bed to couch and back easier. It kills my back to take it from bed to couch and back. I made a z bed and a folding bed. Neither worked out. Still too hard on my back to fold and unfold. So now I am back to sliding the plywood back and forth on top of the other.
I did add a nice cushion for my husband. He said that the futon mattress was too hard for him. I prefer a hard surface to sleep on. He likes a soft mattress.
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Postby MickinOz » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:57 pm

Haven't found a picture of your set up.
Wondering if there may be room for a couple of these under the sllding bits to do the work for you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/36344165160 ... ctupt=true
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Return to General Discussion