Awning installed!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Awning installed!

Postby philpom » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:40 pm

It wasn't to hard but I was sweating bullets making sure I had the brackets lined up perfectly over the structural spar under the roof. 1 chance to get it perfect or screw it up. :)

I was going to use a T bracket in combination with the L bracket but once I got the L bracket on I decided it was plenty strong, time will tell. This is a 2.5M x 2.5M or 8' 2" x 8' 2" awning and after putting it out it makes a nice covered area. I put it up alone for the first time and it took about 5 minutes, with help putting it away took 2 minutes. Very happy. While I have lots of little things to do I only have 1 task left before we can take it camping.... re-pack the bearings :shock:

It was a bit of a gamble on this awning but I saved ~$300 and It seems well constructed. All metal frame minus end caps which I consider a nice bonus based on what I have read about other awnings. It also has keter rails front and rear.

I have now started to look at graphics, any thoughts/ideas? I was eye-balling some distant mountain scenes or maybe some stripes. Probably boring black to stick with the theme but I did consider something to match my Truck, it's a red wine kinda red.
philpom
Teardrop Master

Re: Awning installed!

Postby Modstock » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:19 am

Looking good. I've been trying to find a decent brand, alot of junk out there.

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to General Discussion