a man who lost his roof will be sleeping in my old trailer

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

a man who lost his roof will be sleeping in my old trailer

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:22 pm

My neighbor has a friend who suffers from Diabetes and has one leg. We had a high wind and rain in San Luis Obispo county. He is a care taker for a property and he live in an old barn. The wind ripped the tin Roof off. He found no one willing to help him. I suggested he call 211 but they asked if he was a vet, or mental problems he did not fit in to ether, but 211 should be more help offered there are so many non profits who should be on that call.
I was in bed thinking about his problem. I have several trailers most just frames, but I have my old Boxkite which I finished building in 2007. So I texted my neighbor and told him I would fix up my old trailer so the man would have a roof over his head. My neighbor takes him to the grocery so he has food.
I got up a 9 am uncovered the trailer, jacked it up put on the tires, reattached a broken strut, had to put tires on another trailer in the way and move it around the corner. The trailer was not covered during the rain because I was going to make it into a chicken coop :NC so the bedding inside got wet and had to be dried out. I backed the car up and connect it, I have not pulled this trailer sense 2014. My neighbor came over and sanded the doors which have been swollen shut over the years. The front top has been destroyed from weather but it still will keep him protected. I found my trailer plug on the car had some problems but got it fixed. I had to go to Harbor freight to get a magnetized set of light wires to the trailer lights had bin cut.
Tomorrow I will drive it over so he will at least have a roof over his head.
I know mike has made trailers for homeless. You to can help in your way. Or give to organizations who help those who are caught between the usual help.
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and happy NEW YEAR.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: a man who lost his roof will be sleeping in my old trail

Postby steve cowan » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:41 pm

:applause: :thumbsup:
steve cowan
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion