Outbound Trailer?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Outbound Trailer?

Postby Cathy P. » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:20 pm

I have been watching their website for awhile, and if I buy, they would be fairly close, and usually have in stock trailers. I searched this area of the forum to see if anyone had discussed them, but nothing came up. We always wanted to build, but time has slipped away, and now retired, taking on the task to build isn't that appealing.

https://www.outboundtrailer.com/

We don't need any kind of rough rider type, but I do swoon over those off-grid ones, some that cost more than houses in our neighborhood! I suspect the trailers can't be worse than the RVs we have had, which were basically junk in a short time. Probably the best RVs were the ones we got that were very old, but solid. Not much is solid anymore.

I do notice that more people are looking for "bug out" trailers, and that since the pandemic, many turned to giving camping a try, which is just all good to see people doing family things again.

RV prices have sky-rocketed, and quality has dropped, well, I guess that is the situation with most things now.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Re: Outbound Trailer?

Postby celadon » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:53 pm

We've got one. Extreme, purchased December 2020 I believe. We've had no problems with it; it's just a 3/4 inch plywood box, but a fairly well-constructed one. It's been on one very long trip from Kansas City to Flagstaff, AZ and back, and on a lot of shorter trips around Kansas and Missouri. I really like how simple it came, so we could go nuts customizing the inside. Do you have any specific questions? I'll try my best :)
celadon
Teardrop Builder

Re: Outbound Trailer?

Postby Cathy P. » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:54 pm

Thanks! I did find a couple of people on youtube that had them, and were happy with them. Prices seem fair also, if one doesn't need something fancy. Plenty of places to camp in KS. We really enjoyed taking our pop-up to Canning Creek Cove in Council Grove at the Corp of Engineer park, they have such a nice facility. We lived in the Tucson, AZ area for 6 years back in the 90s, and camping there was so awesome! Enjoy!
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion