Anyone pls help me

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Anyone pls help me

Postby JackSmith » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:07 am

"We've been looking into teardrop trailers for a year and have finally limited our options down to a Camp-Inn 560 or a Vistabule trailer. The Camp-Inns have a wealth of information online (the owners forum is a terrific resource), but I'm having a far more difficult time getting first-hand testimonials from Vistabule owners regarding their experiences (Cosmo's excellent movies apart). Is there anyone here who has a Vistabule? I'm looking for solutions to the following questions:
- Are there any issues?
- Is the futon mattress comfortable?
- How responsive has Vistabule support been when problems have arisen?"
JackSmith
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Anyone pls help me

Postby tony.latham » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:48 pm

JackSmith wrote:"We've been looking into teardrop trailers for a year and have finally limited our options down to a Camp-Inn 560 or a Vistabule trailer. The Camp-Inns have a wealth of information online (the owners forum is a terrific resource), but I'm having a far more difficult time getting first-hand testimonials from Vistabule owners regarding their experiences (Cosmo's excellent movies apart). Is there anyone here who has a Vistabule? I'm looking for solutions to the following questions:
- Are there any issues?
- Is the futon mattress comfortable?
- How responsive has Vistabule support been when problems have arisen?"

Most folks here are DIY'ers, so don't be surprised if you get little for replies. If I were in your shoes, I'd be joining Facebook pages of Camp-Inn and Vistabule owners.

They are both great products.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby QueticoBill » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:54 pm

I have admired vistabules for quite a qwhile They display at Canoecopia, a trade show. If I could afford it, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Very well made, always improving. I think they can connect you with owners in your area. It seemed decently equipped it would be in the low to mid thirty thousand range.

I don't know CampInn.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby TimC » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:58 am

Both are very well built. Cosmo (RIP) may be your best resource for information. His videos are a few years old but I suspect there have been many improvements since his was built. I've toured CampInn's factory three times and I'm always impressed with their build quality. I think their service after the sale can't be beat either. The owners are very approachable and willing to help guide your decision. And during their tours and at their annual CampOutt in Wisconsin I have never heard them trash talk their competition. They are very respectful of Vistabule which is just a few hours west of their location.

Check out "Playing with Sticks" videos on YouTube. Drew Hanson knows the industry and can probably help you with a decision. I have an email for him but I won't post it here. You can PM me and I'll share it.

Like Qbill I would buy either in a heartbeat if I had that kind of cash. But, I'm a DIYer.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Return to General Discussion