Need an honest estimate

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Need an honest estimate

Postby iluvbama001 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:20 pm

Hey guys, After Bamaeagle passed away I thought about building our teardrop by myself but now that I have physical limitations of my own that is not possible. I need an honest estimate on what it might be worth, I have pictures on my phone but I don't know how to upload them to the computer. I am going to try to list them as best I can but if you want to see them I can send them to your phone. It is for sale. Here goes:

5x8 aluminum trailer from Northern Tool (Bolt up). There is a small crack on the very back spar where I backed it up too far with the tractor but it can be fixed or replaced. Jerry was going to weld it together anyway. He didn't trust the bolts.
PD 4045 electrical box
Fantastic vent fan
4 heavy duty screw jacks
wheeled tongue jack
spare tire
Fabric and titebond II and Valspar storm coat for PMF
trailer lights and running lights
jack pads
levels
red, black and green wire
heat shrink tubing
folding cup holders
weatherproof outlet cover
thin outlet boxes
1 large outlet box
1 rv style door latch (locking)
1 handle latch (locking) for a tongue box
1 wall mount for tv
two sets of hydraulic lifts, one for galley hatch and 1 for tongue box
inlet and power cord for 30amp service
outdoor light
a multitude of different screws for the build
all of the plans on how to build a generic benroy style teardrop and all of the drawings for what we envisioned ours would look like.
butyl tape
cable inlet
indoor low profile led light fixture
Herculiner for the bottom of the TD
Mighty Max battery, it has never been used but I don't know any more about it than that.
lighted tag holder
1 dozen ball bearing rollers
1 bus bar
iluvbama001
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Need an honest estimate

Postby steve cowan » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:05 am

Taking into consideration all that you have listed may not be used or desired by a builder and items that do have a shelf life may no longer be usable,and this is only my
unqualified estimate is $1500.Best of luck to you.
steve cowan
Donating Member

Postby Pmullen503 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:58 am

You should state your location.

That collection of parts has value to a teardrop builder. I would recommend that you sit down and try to figure what all that would cost and offer it for sale at some discount as a "short kit".

If the trailer is damaged, it would be worth a lot more if it was fixed. I would take the part to a welder to fix or fabricate a new part.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby steve cowan » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:17 pm

Pmullen503 wrote:You should state your location.

That collection of parts has value to a teardrop builder. I would recommend that you sit down and try to figure what all that would cost and offer it for sale at some discount as a "short kit".

If the trailer is damaged, it would be worth a lot more if it was fixed. I would take the part to a welder to fix or fabricate a new part.

Yes, 'if the trailer was repaired it would have more value.Also if parts were individually priced would bring higher prices but would take longer to sale.
steve cowan
Donating Member

Postby Pmullen503 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:16 pm

I was suggesting you sell it all at once but know what it's total cost would be so a buyer understands what a deal they are getting vs having to buy everything themselves.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to General Discussion