Side table storage

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Side table storage

Postby Graniterich » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:01 pm

So I have a a small 8*4 teardrop I built in 2017. First of 25! I found six pairs of nice self closing 16" drawer slides for $10. My last project was a bougerv refrigerator. There was a three and a half inch space above it. Used one of the sets and made a drawer. Best thing is all three of the side tables fold up to less than an inch each, and all three fit in drawer for traveling. I found a bonus that I needed a "stuff" drawer when camping to keep counter space clean. We are never done! Image

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk
Graniterich
Donating Member

Re: Side table storage

Postby noseoil » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:40 am

We have a similar setup. The 2 outside shelves fold up & are stowed in the tongue box. Here's the setup, not finished in these pictures, but it shows how the framing is done. It's pretty simple & works well enough...

Last edited by noseoil on Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby DezPrado » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:53 pm

Just when I thought my design processes are finished, about to start my new (replacement) build you two supply me out of the blue, with some additional
ideas to incorporate. Well done :thumbsup:
Graniterich, we do like your galley layout with the side tables, quite versatile in it's simplicity.
DezPrado
Teardrop Master

Postby cdnred » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:29 am

Graniterich wrote:So I have a a small 8*4 teardrop I built in 2017. First of 25! I found six pairs of nice self closing 16" drawer slides for $10. My last project was a bougerv refrigerator. There was a three and a half inch space above it. Used one of the sets and made a drawer. Best thing is all three of the side tables fold up to less than an inch each, and all three fit in drawer for traveling. I found a bonus that I needed a "stuff" drawer when camping to keep counter space clean. We are never done! Image

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk

Slick idea for adding valuable space to a confined kitchen area. Need to give this some thought about adding to my kitchen setup..
:thumbsup:
cdnred
Teardrop Advisor

Return to General Discussion