Camp Walk-around and new features

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Camp Walk-around and new features

Postby philpom » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:34 pm

We got an opportunity for a quick 2 night trip and took it. Any chance to take the camper out and we're in. The weather was great, high 50's overnight and 70's during the day. The sun was bright and the lake looked great.

Just thought I would share a few photos, a walk-around if you will, and I have made a few small updates to the camper. I already have a list of more I want to do (this happens every time we use it).

We were at a state park so it was pretty refined, water and power etc.

I kinda hate the improved parking but I'm not complaining, we were outisde!

These are just a few random pics from around camp. Note worthy, one 120v inlet for AC to the cabin and one for the battery box. We operate on battery regardless if there is power at the site or not but a charger maintainer will keep it topped off if present.

And here are the two new features. I found these great cup holders that are adjustable, will hold anything from a regular can all the way up to a jumbo soda cup and they fold flat against the wall when not in use. Oh, and they are made in the USA! Love 'em. I also installed two 2" vents below the window, not sure if I need them but my thought was to let it breath while in storage and to make sure we don't suffocate in the middle of the night 8)

It was a fun project that keeps on giving. If you're on the fence I say, "go for it!".
philpom
Teardrop Master

Re: Camp Walk-around and new features

Postby TimC » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:49 pm

Looks like fun. Do you have any shots of the galley?
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:53 pm

I need to travel a long way to see a beer like that. :thinking:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby philpom » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:56 am

TimC wrote:Looks like fun. Do you have any shots of the galley?

The galley area at the rear is just storage, we call it the trunk. We rely on the camp kitchen pictured in the 5th picture above. We store the kitchen, restroom tent, bbq grill, cables, doormat, stove, propane etc in the trunk for transit. Food and kitchenware is stored in weathertight totes and slid under the camper while camping.

The bed folds up and the totes, cooler, and chairs go in the cabin while on the road.
philpom
Teardrop Master

Postby philpom » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:15 pm

Behind this wall (headboard) is the trunk area.
philpom
Teardrop Master

Postby Wrecit » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:13 pm

Assuming by the beer you’re a fellow Pa resident lol. Nice looking set up
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Postby cdnred » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:56 am

Love your setup with the roll out awning, sweet for outside entertaining or just relaxing :thumbsup: ..
cdnred
Teardrop Advisor

Postby philpom » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:59 am

Wrecit wrote:Assuming by the beer you’re a fellow Pa resident lol. Nice looking set up

North Texas (DFW area). The beer can be challenging to find sometimes but getting bwtter!
philpom
Teardrop Master

Postby philpom » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:02 am

cdnred wrote:Love your setup with the roll out awning, sweet for outside entertaining or just relaxing :thumbsup: ..

better!
Thanks! It's especially great when there is no choice but to camp in the sun or when it's raining. Goes up fast and dries quickly. Considering a wall kit for it.
philpom
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion