Registering In SC

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Registering In SC

Postby GiveMeLiberty » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:19 pm

I just talked to the DMV and it looks like it will be a nightmare registering my build. Some things appear to be putting the cart before the horse, such as paying county taxes before title/ registration...how? What will the county case this on? 2. Proof of insurance, again how? Doesn't the insurance company require a vin number or title? A couple forms seem to be standard but I have to show receipts from buying materials, possible but it's a lot of info to dig up. Is there better/easier state to register in and not be a resident? Any help would be appreciated
GiveMeLiberty
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Registering In SC

Postby tony.latham » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:07 pm

Proof of insurance, again how?

Are you sure that's not liability insurance for your tow vehicle?

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Re: Registering In SC

Postby Hubert » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:49 pm

Maybe the person you talked to was thinking about an RV and not a trailer? The RV would probably require insurance. I looked at the forms on the SC DMV website a while ago, and it seemed pretty straightforward for a camper trailer. I think they wanted receipts for the steel, welding and axle on one of the forms for tax purposes, plus pictures from all sides. I have not started building yet, so I don't really know the details. I would appreciate if you share what you find out as you go through the process.
Hubert
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion