What ya get for Christmas?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: What ya get for Christmas?

Postby tomhawk » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:10 pm

tony.latham wrote:Me? Santa gave me this tiny Kodak Luma 150 projector for our teardrop.

We got the Luma 75 model. In the confined space of the teardrop it works surprisingly well.
It has an audio out port. We got a battery powered speaker connected by a cable that greatly improves the audio. That was a big improvement. The speaker has a bluetooth input as well so we can also use for streaming audio from our phones.

I have found the battery life is no problem if you plug in a USB mini battery. This projector does not use much power.

It seems like it is a very fragile item so I made a foam box to store it.

It has several inputs for video. The most efficient is to use a USB stick to provide video files. These are hard for me to come by. Most content out there is pretty locked down. Does anyone know of sources?

It has an HDMI port. It is possible to stream downloaded YouTube content off-line. I don't like this since it will involve having my laptop connected. Otherwise this works well and there is a lot of content out there. It may be possible stream from a phone but I have not tried yet.
Evolution is driven by mistakes, not plans.

My build: https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75248
tomhawk
Teardrop Advisor

Re: What ya get for Christmas?

Postby tony.latham » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:54 pm

We got the Luma 75 model. In the confined space of the teardrop it works surprisingly well.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=74583#p1299339

Hey, I (obviously) missed that post. Good to see it!

Thanks,

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion