Table and footwell - how do you *really* feel about them?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby gailkaitschuck » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:32 pm

This is true...

One of the nice things I like about the teardrop is that if you want a "sudden" nap (an important consideration after a certain age), you just open the door, take off your shoes and crawl in. No having to set up the bed, put the sheets on (not an easy thing to do in a teardrop) like one would have to do in a small camper where the kitchen booths/couch double as the bed.

The few times we've camped in threatening weather, it's been quite cozy laying in the camper watching movies on our small TV/DVD player.

We also purchased an Ozark Trail screened tent at Wally World (under $50) that we'll be using in the summer when the bugs start getting too bad as our eating/hanging out area.

Gail
Teardrop Momma
gailkaitschuck
*Pasta Mama

Postby jmtk » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:09 pm

Arne - If we decided against the footwell at the start, we definitely planned to at least frame for it when building the floor. Thanks for the reminder!

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Postby Gaston » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:05 am

I'm building mine with a foot well. I used a can of adult refreshment to gage the depth so with the table/lid in place it will hold 2 cases, my 2 fold up chairs & a door mat. It wasn't a big deal to build it and if I never use it it just goes along for the ride ;)
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby rampage » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:07 pm

I too was inspired by Bruce's work on his footwell. I was wondering how you go about insulating around it. I dont want to see pink foam from the side of my tear. Any suggestions from those that have them???
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
rampage
Donating Member

Postby sunny16 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:35 pm

I don't have a foot well but I built two storage compartments under my floor with removable panels. I'm not worried about the insulation since whatever is packed in there will create some insulation value. Also, I plan on putting carpet in the interior and with the foam mattress and balnkets, it should stay quite warm. That's my 2 cents on the subject. My boxes are hang about 6" below the floor.

I will paint the bottom with roofing tar so it will be water tight and not so obvious to see.
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby rampage » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:44 pm

Thanks, Sunny16. Thats what I was thinking too.
By the way, cool trailer.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
rampage
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:52 pm

rampage wrote:I was wondering how you go about insulating around it. I dont want to see pink foam from the side of my tear. Any suggestions from those that have them???

3" foam mattress! The floor probably has the highest R value out of all the surfaces in our tear.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion