Selling my unfinished teardrop.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Selling my unfinished teardrop.

Postby 1FATGMC » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:31 pm

I have decided to sell my unfinished 5+ X 10 foot teardrop and have place it on the "For Sale" forum on this site. You can read more about it here.

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... =6295#6295

Thanks so much for the great site.

BTW I was at B'ville this last week and had a great time. One reason for selling the teardrop is to start construction of a race car as soon as possible.

If you are interested in B'ville I posted a story about how we did here:

Hooley’s 207 mph B’ville
Experience

c ya, Sum
Last edited by 1FATGMC on Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1FATGMC
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikeschn » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:37 pm

The For Sale area is perfect for advertising this... hope it brings you the perfect buyer!

So you are finally going to build that mini 5th Wheel. I still have a hard copy of that somewhere in my pile of papers... Have you developed the plans any more since then?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby JamesW » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:05 am

Maybe Tailgatingnut should buy it. :lol:
JamesW
Teardrop Master

Postby 1FATGMC » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:37 pm

Mike said:
Have you developed the plans any more since then?

Just in my head where all my other "good" and "bad" ideas are located. I'm going to make the trailer work with my GMC first. I'll back the GMC into the shop and make a mount for a "gooseneck" style hitch in the bed area over the rear axle. There will be an acess door for a vertical receiver type hitch in the metal bed cover. I'll install that and start making the trailer with ideas now stored above my shoulders from that pont to the back of the trailer.

I want the trailer low going down the highway and yet have good ground clearance off-road, so I'm coming up with a plan to use double air bags on independet A-arms on each side. One air bag will remain collapsed inside a metal hat until I need the extra ground clearance.

The A-arms will allow me to have a low floor down the middle of the trailer since I won't need a tunnel for an axle.

Later I want to make the '38 Ford pickup I dug up in the desert (see above picture where a friend is helping me dig it out) into a flatbed type hauler and will make it so that the back is the same height as the GMC and then I will have two vehicles I can haul the trailer with. I want to be able to use the '38 more for off-paved-road type camping.

The goal is Alaska in 2-4 years.

c ya, Sum
1FATGMC
Teardrop Builder

Postby BufordT » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:31 am

Keep us posted on the 38 Sum. I'd like to see how you do all that. Been watching Trucks on tv and the hairy hauler.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:03 am

Sumner:

The Sleeping Ute mountains in the background bring back many memories. That was the view from my kitchen window growing up.

Karl
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

Postby 1FATGMC » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:37 pm

Karl you have a very sharp eye. I didn't even realize it was in the picture and then when I went back and look at it I could hardly make it out myself.

I can see it out my store window when the leaves are off the trees across the street.

I had a friend from Missouri here two years ago for the first time and he couldn't belive that from the store parking lot you can see Monument Valley and beyond 100 miles to the SW, over to Sleeping Ute and Mesa Verde 80 miles to the east, Shiprock 90 miles to the SE, the Elk Ridge overlooking Narural Bridges 50 miles west, and the mountains that ring Telluride 100 miles to the NE. So looking from the SW to the NE it is over 200 miles of the southwest that is in view. Can't look but about 15 miles north as the Blue Mountains block the view that way.

Did you grow up in Colo. or UT?

c ya, Sum
1FATGMC
Teardrop Builder

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:54 pm

I grew up in Blanding. I was there in April this year, and even stopped by your store, but you weren't there. It was around 6 or 7 pm.

My parents both grew up there, moved away from 1980-1999, and now live there again. I probably know nearly as many people there as you do.

And about the Blue Mountain blocking the view to the north, to a Blandingite, it IS the view to the north. There is no more beautiful sight than that mountain as you approach town from the south.

Take care.
Karl
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

Postby 1FATGMC » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:11 pm

Hey I live next door to the store, so even if we are closed just come to the gate between the house and the store. Also my wife and I spit the day up between us and sometimes I work evenings and sometimes days. We are open 9 to 8 now, so it is a long day. In the winter it is 10-6. If she is working tell her you are looking for me.

You probably know more people than I do here!!

The mountain is always a good sight to see after taking a trip and getting close to town. I always look for it or the Bear's Ears. I had a lot of mountains living in Wyo. for years. Now I like the canyons much better, but they are both much better than a city.

c ya next time you are here,

Sum
1FATGMC
Teardrop Builder

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:21 pm

Summer, We lived in Alber. New Mexico for 18 months 8 years ago working at Intell. Visted Mesa Verde, Durango, Silver City, Canyon de Shay, Painted Desert, etc. We went to a lot of the ruins, just really loved the country out there. Hopefully will be able to come back some time for a visit. You live in a very nice place in this great land of ours. :D
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion