complete design

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Chip » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:47 am

Mike,,I would have to build my own or modify the heck out of a prebuilt,,,,5x9 outside frame with wheels inboard,,sloped front wall, sloped rear wall with insulated/laminated side walls,,framing on angle to match front and rear slope and aluminum attached on same slope vertically,,I would like to find an old Spartan that was being put to rest and scalp aluminum off the sides and re-use it on the sides of the mini,,tha top,,hmmm,, not fully sure yet,,I am just thinking,,again,,and I havent consulted my construction advisor yet,,,back to the TD dreamer status,,
and I take no credit for this idea being put in my head,,Its all Joanne's fault
Chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:18 am

Chip,

Sounds like you want something similar to this...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:31 am

Oh, maybe not... The wheels stick out beyond the 4x8 trailer about 9" So to have the wheels completely inside the body you'd have to widen the body to about 5 1/2'. Say, that sounds like a really comfortable width. A full size bed with lots of room to spare for cabinettes, or a near queen sized bed.

Sounds like the Baja Benroy all over again. Or maybe the Raven Argonaut. So are you going to do it? :o

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:47 am

:lol: :lol: who knows,,I am just tinkering with the idea and trying to come up with a few solutions to details,,, now if a trailer were to suddenly appear and had nothing on top I might have to do something with it,,heck it may be a good place for tha pea green rv sink that I havent thrown away yet,,Hmmm already got a start,,inner fender wells ,,still got them left over also,,dang it lets change the subject,,,

nice weather we having aint it,,

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:23 am

Hey Frank,

You know that trailer you bought so that you could get the kitchen appliances, etc... What you gonna do with the frame? You don't need it, since your new one got built the same morning mine did!!! Send it to Chip. He needs it bad. Too much idle time, plus a compelling need to join the second teardrop club!!! :lol: 8) :lol:

Mike...

P.S. Besides, look how close you are to Chip... just a hop and a skip away!!!

P.P.S. He could trade you that for a pea green sink! :rofl:
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:49 am

Thanks Mike,,,but dont do me any favors,, :lol: your fun is gonna cost me a bundle,,,I could already see this thing would not be inexpensive,,lots of details to keep me busy though,,LOTS,,,,let me at least use mine once or twice first,,

this is gonna get ugly,,,Joint venture???? lets see that would be 4 for you wouldnt it,,,,,and # 3 for Frank,,,

fax # again,,dangit!!!!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chip » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:18 pm

sending it now Mike

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BufordT » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:36 pm

Look at that done gone and got Chip into the second teardrop club.

Welcome Chip.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:41 pm

Hey Chip,

I got your fax. I like it. It's 4 1/2' high, and plenty long for a queen sized bed. An easy to build hatch, and what appears to be a flip down table off the galley cabinet.

The smoked window in the front, and the port hole windows in the side are sure to let in a lot of light. And finally, it looks like it's moving, even while it's standing still. Kewl design.

Your mini tank is for the stove, right? Are you planning on a heater in there?

Hey, your hubs look like 4 on a 4" bolt circle. I have two of those, brand new, that I can send you! You want em?

I don't see the a/c in there, unless that square above the galley cabinet is an a/c rather than an upper cabinet.

Mike...

P.S. I'll scan that an put it on line this evening so that the rest of the folks here can see it. Okay?
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:17 pm

bufford,,he is trying awfully hard,,I am thinking and believe me that is a dangerous thing,,,lord help me for I have teardropped,,,

Mike post it if ya want to,,look at the design by Joanne, its close,,one thng bout paper design,,its cheap and changes are a lot easier than with wood,,I guarantee I will have a lot more actually on paper this errr the next time,,that is if there is a next time,,and yes I thought about using small tires to make it more in proportion to a full size trailer,,,a/c I dont know,,galley,,I really like Joseph's unit with the open area,,but put cabinets above with a pass thru in the middle above the counter,,heck just set an a/c there,,or have a screen that goes all the way across for ventilation when not using a/c

wonder where I can pick up a cheap pneumatic rivit gun,,going back to time out corner

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BufordT » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:20 pm

Chip wrote:bufford,,he is trying awfully hard,,I am thinking and believe me that is a dangerous thing,,,lord help me for I have teardropped,,,

chip

Yea he kind a does get under your skin don't he.

Bufordt :twisted:
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby CheshyreKatt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:21 pm

mikeschn wrote:So to have the wheels completely inside the body you'd have to widen the body to about 5 1/2'. Say, that sounds like a really comfortable width. A full size bed with lots of room to spare for cabinettes, or a near queen sized bed.
Mike...

I had this thought for the 2+2, but wasn't sure how it would really work....BUT, I can see that it would work nicely. Just need to add that same bit fore and aft to get the length I need. Thanks Mike! You are an idea generator. :D
-CK

Truth is not what you seek....it is what you find. What you find...is not what you were looking for.
CheshyreKatt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:33 pm

Remember,so that you don't lose valuable leg room you have to put your bed above the wheel wells... then you'll want to increase your head room by the same amount. :wink:

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:01 pm

Chip wrote:sending it now Mike

chip

Here's your fax...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby BufordT » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:25 pm

Looks like a winner there Chip. I like the design. How much room is going to be in the thing?

Bufordt
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion