Cabela's Outback Oven on Sale

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Chris C » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:49 pm

You're right!! By golly, you're right. :thumbsup: Didn't catch that. And a wind screen is something that comes in mighty handy on a stove top like that one.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby owenmpk » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:54 pm

Item # on line is IG-517180 different then the flyer.
owenmpk
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:08 pm

Chris C wrote:<snip>
Gage,
Durn yor hide! Let me up off'n da ground, will ya? Doesn't hurt to pick up something to put into the trailer WHEN I GET IT BUILT!!!!! :lol:

But Chris, you need the money for the build. And besides, where would you put it. I also think the Coleman would be much better if you want an oven.

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chris C » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:13 pm

Thanks for the tip, Gage, but I really like the Flamenta with the burners on the top. If I get that Coleman, I'll just have to carry another cooktop.

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:20 pm

They don't show the sale price on the web site so that's something you most likely have to ask about. I still like the Coleman. It doesn't take up space in the teardrop if your not using it. And you can always leave it in the box in the tow.

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:25 pm

Chris C wrote:<snip>
If I get that Coleman, I'll just have to carry another cooktop.

Na, just put it on the camp table. Me, I have about 2 sq ft of counter top (more than my motorhome).

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chris C » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:42 pm

Thanks, I'll get the Flamenta/Outback.

Chris C

Postby doug hodder » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:12 pm

I know that Dean seemed a little dissapointed in the output on the stove side....the BTU's aren't a whole lot, about 1/2 that of a regular liquid fuel Coleman...in case anyone is interested, I've got a stove top oven and can manage to burn a pie with the best of them if not monitored carefully....without the wind wings your usable BTU's may drop in a breeze...I'd bet it's a closeout...but still a good deal if you're looking for one....and afterall, you could make your own wind wings in light aluminum....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Close out????

Postby Guy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:49 pm

Dear All,

I just checked all of my links to the Flamineta site (the company in Mexico that makes the Outback Oven for Cabela's). All the links are now dead or servers refused. Maybe they stopped making them or maybe they are changing the styles.

Possibly Kai will know since he can get them in Wal-Mart's in Mexico for $80. He was sending them up here for teardroppers last year. He mailed them when he crossed into Texas for I think $120 total.

Here is the link to the companies catalog. The Oven is still in there.

http://www.ingusa.com.mx/docs/Catalogo%20Disa%202006%20Web.pdf
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:47 pm

I like that price on the one in Mexico, that's for sure, does it have a thermo-couple protected oven like the US one? Not that it's important. :D

Steve

Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby owenmpk » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:52 pm

Yes the Mexico price looks intresting. My manager is from Mexico and still has family in country. I will have him translate tomorrow.
owenmpk
Donating Member

Postby owenmpk » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:40 am

Did some more diging this AM and found that the $149 item can be found on Cabela's if you type in the part # (thier web site still as some problems this AM)

I called and the gal on the phone was not sure but she agreed that they may be last years model. Another intresting fact is that both are made in Mexico.
owenmpk
Donating Member

Postby mexican tear » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:06 am

I haven't been to Walmart in a long time down here. I have to go to Veracruz to get to one. I keep hoping that they build one here in Poza Rica. They have built a Sam's and you know Walmart will not be far behind.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:19 am

owenmpk,

I'm pretty sure they are the same stove and Outback just imports them and puts their name on the case.

Steve,

I don't know about the thermo-couple...........you'd have to ask Kai, he has the Flamenta..........from Mexico.

Chris C

Postby Kens » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:22 am

I went to Cabela's in s.w. Pa. to buy one about a month ago. Once I saw it I changed my mind, it looked cheap to me. Look at in person before deciding alot of money for what you get. I bought a Coleman grill that day. Remember this is just my opinion.
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion