Found Plans on Ebay

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Found Plans on Ebay

Postby Tear Dreamer » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:29 am

I found someone selling some plans on Ebay. I went ahead and took a chance and bought them for $17. I just received the CD and it's nice. The CD contains PDF documents of all of the Teardrops that I know of!

Here's the link (hope this works......)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT
Tear Dreamer
Teardrop Builder

Postby Arne » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:51 am

Thank you for posting. I just ordered plans as well. I have outside planned out, but am looking for some additional ideas for interior.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Marck » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:11 pm

Bought a set of those plans 2 about 3 days ago. Waiting for them to get here eagerly.
You want to build WHAT?????

40 isn't middle aged....
IT'S YOUTH PART II
Marck
500 Club

Postby CheshyreKatt » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:07 pm

of-thestorm wrote:Bought a set of those plans 2 about 3 days ago. Waiting for them to get here eagerly.

Give us a review!

I'll be looking for plans as are resource, since I'll be building off of Andrew's 2+2 plans. There is a lot to learn from other plans :D
-CK

Truth is not what you seek....it is what you find. What you find...is not what you were looking for.
CheshyreKatt
Teardrop Advisor

Review

Postby Tear Dreamer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:27 pm

Okay, this collection includes plans and articles in PDF format of the following:

Camp Trailer, Camper Cabana, Gypsies Article, Honeymoon House Trailer, Jim Dandy, L'il Guy, Trailer for Two, Midget Trailer, Model Airplane Trailer, Ideal Outdoorsman's Trailer, Runlite, December, 1936 Mechanics & Handicraft Magazine article "Building a Teardrop Sleeper Trailer for $50.00", Information from L'il Bear Tagalongs, Tears of Joy Article, Trail Scout, Underslung, Uni-Wheel trailer, Wander-Pup, March, 1946 Popular Science article "Lightweight Trailer for Weekend Vacations", Wanderer, Wild Goose, Aloha.

In addition to the above mentioned plans and articles, this package also includes a PDF version of a book published in 1937 titled "How to Build Trailers" which includes the following plans:

Cabin Trailers:
Runlite, Tourabout, Wanderer, Cruisemite, Collapsible, Aloha, All-Purpose, Bungalow, Cabinette

Delivery and Boat Trailers:
Uni-Wheel Delivery, Boat Trailer, Heavy Duty Boat Trailer, Self Loading Freight Carrier, How to Build Trucks, Build a Trailer Barge

Trailer Fittings:
A Windpower trailer Lighting Plant, A Trailer radio you Can Build, Fitting Your Trailers Interior, Installing Automatic Brakes in Your Trailer

All-in-all, this is a really nice package for the price. I believe the seller probably found these on the Internet, but for those people that want them all in one convienant place, it's very nice. I especially like the "How to build Trailers" book! There are plans in that book which remind me of todays utility trailers which goes right along with the thread I started in the Member Designs section talking about converting a utility trailer into a camper.
Tear Dreamer
Teardrop Builder

Postby Grant » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:13 pm

With regards to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWN%3AIT

O.K., Gang ...

... The last thing I want to do here is start a Flame War, rain on ANYONE'S parade, or whiz on the flames of everyones' desire for more teardrop knowledge. But the fact is, there are some SERIOUS issues regarding copyright at stake with this (and other) teardrop and vintage trailer "plans packages".

For some reason, many people assume that if it's on Ebay (or some other online auction and/or sales site), that it's O.K. to purchase, and that the seller is legit and has the right to sell. Unfortunately, and especially in this case, that is NOT always true.

The short and sour of this is that this particular seller plagiarized and pirated the entire efforts of another individual (and not me - THIS time!), without even bothering to edit. Irregardless that most of the info presented is in what has been loosely tagged "public domain" (at least, to this point), they did NOT do the research, obtain the original documents, scan and clean, and prepare/create the files - they simply obtained a CD from the legitimate seller and are burning and marketing direct copies of that CD. THAT, friends, is plagiarism, and is against the law. Additionally, this CD contains currently copyrighted material for which this seller has NOT obtained permission to copy and distribute, which is also against the law.

There are many more details surrounding this and other auction/sales, but suffice it to say, we are persuing action to try to put a stop to this kind of piracy. NOT to suppress the gathering and distribution of teardrop history and information, but to assure that it is done in an honorable and proper manner, respective of all applicable laws and the hard working individuals who have labored long to find and procure this information.

There are some very unscrupulous characters in this world, whose only interest is to line their pockets (to coin a phrase) or disrupt the pleasant goings-on of a particular community and/or interest group. If you want to know who the legitimate purveyors of teardrop trailer information are, check my site or drop me and e-mail - I don't charge to list the plans/info on our Teardrop Plans Directory (so I have nothing to gain from this), and if the plans/CD/info you are inquiring about are/is not listed there, I'll tell you why.

For some reason only slightly beyond clarification, I feel compelled to remind and/or reassure you folks that our entire intent for starting Tales & Trails over 10 years ago, and puting www.teardrops.net online 6 years ago this November, was and continues to be to spread the word, the fun, the enthusiasm, and the information about teardrop camping trailers to as many folks as would listen. True, some of what we do has been structured to reimburse us (however minutely) for SOME of the effort we put forth to that end. But if ANYONE thinks we have prospered appreciably (beyond our wealth of friends and memories) as a result, all you have to do is call and let us show you 'round our humble abode and tell you a story or two. To quote myself from the Nov./Dec. 1998 issue of Tales & Trails: "Trust us. Whatever we do, wherever we go, we'll do our damnedest to represent the world of teardroppers and teardrops with dignity and integrity!"

'Nuf said.

CHEERS!

Grant
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're on Teardrop Time" ... so kick back and focus on the Good Stuff!
Grant
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby denverd0n » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:36 pm

Thanks for speaking up, Grant. I know that a lot of people don't care, but the fact is that copyright violation is THEFT, plain and simple.
denverd0n
Teardrop Advisor

Return to General Discussion