propane tanks

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Chris C » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:44 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:
Chris C wrote:Steve,

I was taking another peek at your beautiful trailer.............which is what prompted my thread.

I agree that 1# bottles are cool..........but they sure don't compare price wise with a larger one. Besides, with the Flamenta/Outback oven, I think it safer to have the larger tank for longer trips than just a weekend gathering. Right now I carry a cool little 7# tank, but plan on getting one of those new composits with a tan case....................think it'll go nice with a woodie. I'll probably hard-tube it from the tongue to the back as has been mentioned many times before. Thanks for all the comments. They are helpful.

Chris,

The tank you describes sounds very nice, any pics?. Also, do you have any ideas on what the propane usage is with the Outback range? I read someplace that it was around 3 hours on a pound of propane, but I can't find that anyplace.

Here ya go: http://www.litecylinder.com/index.html

Oh, and Steve, I don't have any idea how much fuel the stove uses. Just know I really like it. My girlfriend and I have already used it several times to cook various dinners and it's going to be a really great addition to the sometimes spartan aspect of backwoods camping. :thumbsup:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby GeorgeTelford » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:56 pm

Hi

Why have my posts been deleted? Nitetimes I agree you have to follow local custom, but the fact remains that the colour/heat argument is not a valid reason for them insisting on a colour, if it was we would not have dark coloured cylinders over here.

here is just one (dark) colour from the UK's largest supplier

These are stored outside at our nearest depot
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby apratt » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:17 pm

WOW Chris, I was impresed with the video. I would have expected the tank to exploded after 2 mins. with that fire. Very impresive.
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:20 pm

Think I'll get the butterscotch colored one.............it'll go nice with the woodie I'm building. :lol:

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby GeorgeTelford » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:02 pm

BTW the heat generated in Chris's video shows that the colour is not a reason to bar refilling, heat from sun would get nowhere near the heat in the video.
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:12 pm

8)
So Chriss have you decided to put a bottle on the tongue of your tear? Somehow your intent here went awry and I just thought I would check with you.

:lol: :o :lol: :o
Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby jje507 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:02 pm

Miriam,
Mine has a box and a tank, but my axle is centered more than most.
I have 1-10", 1-12", 1-14" dutch oven and 2 skillets in the box and the tongue weight is still only about 85#'s.
Jeff

jje507
Silver Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:20 pm

Miriam C. wrote:8)
So Chriss have you decided to put a bottle on the tongue of your tear? Somehow your intent here went awry and I just thought I would check with you.

:lol: :o :lol: :o
Miriam

That's always been my intent. Just found it interesting how few others actually did.

Chris C

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:33 pm

8) :lol: Glad to hear it Chris.

jje507---That doesn't look as crowded as it sounds. I think it looks better with the box on than off. :thinking:

I still think there are some awsome tongue boxes in this group.

:worship: just wishin
Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby goldcoop » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:04 am

Miriam-

Here is a 11# tank & my tongue box:

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

Postby Mark S. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:38 pm

GoldCoop,

That looks nice! I am trying to figure out how to do the same thing. I have my propane tank attached to the tongue but I do all my cooking outside of the galley. I am trying to figure out how to run the hose to the back of my trailer, or actually the problem is how to attach it to the back of my trailer so I can connect to it when I get to the campsite.

That way I do not have to disconnect the LP tank and move it to the back each time or just have a hose laying on the groud from the front of the tear to the back.

I would like it to look nice and not just a connecter hanging out from under my trailer...

Anyone else here doing this and if so how did you connect the hose to the back of your trailer? Is there some sort of adapter like they have for cable or shore power that one could use?

Thanks
Mark
Mark S.
Teardrop Inspector

Postby kennyrayandersen » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:45 pm

goldcoop wrote:Miriam-

Here is a 11# tank & my tongue box:

Cheers,

Coop

If nothing else that 11# tank is CUTE -- anybody balk at filling it because it's too small?
kennyrayandersen
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 pm

I am thinking about a 30#, the water heater takes quite a bit of gas.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Mukilteo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:52 pm

I put two 20 pound tanks on mine because I was also planning for my rig to be a bugout trailer. They are not plumbed in.
http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=49533
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby rebapuck » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:13 pm

I have a vintage camper from Europe. I have a 5# tank INSIDE in a cabinet. Cabinet floor is perforated. Can power stove, fridge and furnace. I've only ever used the stove.

I don't know if my tongue has enough room to mount a tank.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion