New Miracle Tape

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Melvin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:31 pm

I've used quite a bit of this stuff field repairing extension cords. We refered to it as self vulcanising tape. The stuff I used was electrically rated for outdoor use. Good but expensive stuff.
Commandant Louis Joseph Lahure has a singular distinction in military history - he defeated a navy on horseback. Occupying Holland in January 1795, the French continental army learned that the mighty Dutch navy had been frozen into the ice around Texel Island. So Lahure and 128 men simply rode up to it and demanded surrender. No shots were fired.
Melvin
Teardrop Master

Postby Loader » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:55 pm

rampage wrote:
Loader wrote:Courtney, Not talking about regular every day electrcial tape. Silcon based.

Take a look at that link I posted. In fact I know I have some at home still, probably 15 years old, if not older. Even have the NSN on the can the tape comes in. If I do, I'll get a snappy posted tonight.

Arnereil, that kinda has the look of the F-4 tape. Most times there is a green line down the center, helps in getting a good wrap.

Dont let Homeland Security hear about that theft. If they send you to the brig I wont be able to steal anymore of your build ideas. :lol: :lol:

No brig here, thanks for looking out for me! I think I first aquired the F-4 tape after a trip to Spain for bombing missions, circa 1986-1987. It was one of those things that every maintenance crew carried with them, at least back then. No theft here! Now that I think of it, it is closer to 20 years old, heck, I better look at it, it my be unserviceable! :thinking:
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:14 pm

That rescue tape website is pretty wonky.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:46 pm

Pack Rat--

I've used the Gorilla Brand of duct tape. It works very well as long as the surface is dry. One drop of water and it won't stick to anything. :x
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:17 pm

asianflava wrote:That rescue tape website is pretty wonky.

That is true, I called and ordered by phone. The guy was very nice and pointed me to a number of deals they had on. I believe they ship from Reno, NV or close by.
I saw it demo'd on RV Today and it got my attention.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby chugs0978 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Ok...so like promised....I emailed the good ol grandpa and asked him what it was. I know we kinda decided we already knew but since I got the email I figured I would post what he said....

"The tape is called"Extreme Tape". It is a silicon type tape that adheres to it's self. I bought mine from Duluth Trading Co, the web site is: www.duluthtrading.com/. It cost 5.00 per roll when you order three rolls, plus shipping. It has a multitude of uses. Hope this helps."

Thanks for all your input guys!
~*~Chippies Princess~*~
(Courtney)
chugs0978
Teardrop Builder

Postby Aussie Nomad » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:03 am

That would be this stuff.

http://www.vyparproducts.com/xtreme-tape.asp

Ian. :D
Ian. :D
Aussie Nomad
Teardrop Advisor