Very inexpensive camper fan

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Chris C » Tue May 02, 2006 9:35 pm

Okay, I just got mine. Went to 3 Wally-worlds looking at the camping equipment. Couldn't find the one with the 12-V plug in. :roll: Then, while navigating my way through the 4th store, I stumbled through the Home Fan section by accident on my way to Camping. There is was, large as life. The CO2 Fan with a 12V adapter and all. $14 bucks!!!! That's just about the least expensive thing I've bought for the teardrop..........and danged if it doesen't blow a lot of air.............in fact, a bit too much for inside the tear. But heck, it'll make a nice fan in the galley while cooking. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Micro469 » Tue May 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Chris C wrote:Okay, I just got mine. Went to 3 Wally-worlds looking at the camping equipment. Couldn't find the one with the 12-V plug in. :roll: Then, while navigating my way through the 4th store, I stumbled through the Home Fan section by accident on my way to Camping. There is was, large as life. The CO2 Fan with a 12V adapter and all. $14 bucks!!!! That's just about the least expensive thing I've bought for the teardrop..........and danged if it doesen't blow a lot of air.............in fact, a bit too much for inside the tear. But heck, it'll make a nice fan in the galley while cooking. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Your Wallyworld has a Home Fan section?? WOW ! Are you guys ever LUCKY!! :lol:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Chris C » Wed May 03, 2006 8:55 am

Come on, John, you're beginning to sound like you live in the Northwest Territories or someplace really isolated like that. :roll: I've been to Toronto. Seems pretty upscale to me. 8)

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby Todah Tear » Wed May 03, 2006 12:36 pm

The item# for the 12V oscillating fan that I mentioned is 5060387 (That's what's on the package.) It is called a "Clip-On-Fan" by Auto Expressions. I found mine in the automotive department. As I said it comes with a mounting base. I could not find the fan online at the Wally World site or Auto-Expressions.net, otherwise I would have listed the link.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Chip » Wed May 03, 2006 1:06 pm

got one of the 10" fans, cut the battery pack and brackets off, cut the handle off. cut 10" hole in bulkhead and now it mounts flush on the bulkhead wall at my feet,,, wired it to a switch on the interior cabin electrical panel,, For now I made a screen cover to go over the tater cellar cover in galley counter top,, when sleeping I just swap out counter top section with a screen insert, climb in and if I need some cool air,, flip the switch, open ya knees and get a breeze,,, now if I can train my big toe to flip from low to high speed I wont have to reverse directions in the cabin to change air flow,, this little fan puts out a good bit of air,,, and is fairly quiet,,

pics to follow tonight

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chip » Wed May 03, 2006 6:33 pm

Pics like I am suspose to!!!!!!!!1

galley view of air intake

cabin view of footboard

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chris C » Wed May 03, 2006 10:20 pm

Very innovative, Chip, way too cool! (pardon the pun) :lol:

Chris C

Postby dakotamouse » Wed May 03, 2006 11:14 pm

Classy again! What a nice idea!

Where did you get it? We didn't get it, we built it!
Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion