T@B owner-just joined your group

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

T@B owner-just joined your group

Postby TexT@B » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:06 pm

Hi all,just joined your group,I am the owner of TAB-hope you all have heard of it.I will be catching up on posts so as to see where an RV like mine would fall in this forum.So far I am impressed with the set up!!I dropped out of a Yahoo group(Tiny Trailers) due to off subject( Islam relegion and politics)spamming---good grief!!Let's go RV'ing!!!!!--Joe
TexT@B
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Frank » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:45 pm

Joe, Welcome to the group, think you are the 1st T@B owner! Some have seen them in person, others (myself) only pictures. There is all kinds of little trailers in this group, some are being dreamed up as we speak, and named accordingly. This is a real fun group, just like camping, building, joking, having a good time enjoying life.

Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:33 pm

Hey Joe,

Glad to see you made it... I keep telling Mr ChaletRV over there in the yahoo groups that he needs to moderate his group. He hasn't bit the bullet yet... ah well...

We now have 5 moderators on this group... but 99.9% of the time they have nothing to do... How does that sound? :lol:

Anyways, welcome... even though you own a T@B you're welcome where ever us teardroppers go!!! And if you hang out here long enough, you might even decide to build a teardrop, just for those quickie trips... you never know!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:01 pm

I looked at and really liked the t@b trailer... weight was a problem, at 1,900 pounds, as well as price. If I had a bucke of money and a Ford Explorer it would be different.... being able to stand up would be very nice......(well, almost stand up... at 6-2, it was a bit of a squeeze.)/....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

The T@B

Postby TexT@B » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:47 pm

The T@B has a dry weight of 1360.I tow with a Ford Escape 3.0 v6.The inside height is 5'9".I am 5'10". Works for me.Our mfg.web site is www.tab-rv.com.Take a look!--Joe
Last edited by TexT@B on Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TexT@B
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chip » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:05 pm

Well TEX welcome to the group even though ya T@B is a bit bigger than most of ours,,but I guess being from Texas that explains the size,,,back er in,, pop out the chair and sit a spell,,,Its your day to buy a round for the house!!!!!!!

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:17 pm

Chip wrote:Its your day to buy a round for the house!!!!!!!

chip

I take my wine white, not too strong! :rofl:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:57 pm

Mike how do ya like ya peaches????,, a friend left me a present a few weeks ago,,,old family recipe :lol: :lol: :lol: burns of at 140 proof,,surprised me but its smooth as a epoxy finish,,,just peachy,,

but wine is good too,,

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:13 am

Sounds strong! Do you taste anything besides fire?

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:04 am

Just think of it as good aged Risling with a silght Pinot after taste which warms the tummy, I just havent figured which food group it goes with,,maybe after dinner,, :lol:

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:43 pm

Hi Joe!
Welcome to this site that is great for all small trailer owners!

When I first decided I had to have a teardrop I couldn't find one around here anywhere. I did find a T@B and drove over to Grand Rapids to have a looksy. VERY COOL!!

Too large for me though..(I drive a VW New Beetle) and outside of my budget.

That good husband of mine built me a teardrop instead since I wanted one so badly.

I also really like ANY small trailers, especially the old Scotty trailers. The Scamps are neat little trailers too.

Again, Welcome!
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Eric Adams » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:17 am

Chip wrote:Just think of it as good aged Risling with a silght Pinot after taste which warms the tummy, I just havent figured which food group it goes with,,maybe after dinner,, :lol:

chip

Peach CObbler maybe? :)
Eric Adams
The 300 Club

Postby D. Tillery » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:59 pm

Hey Joe, I've been admiring those T@B's up on I35 for a few months now, wondering if anyone was buying them. I guess someone is. They had quite a few up there. Are they making any super deals on them?

I have a soft place in my heart (and wallet) for teardrops. Although T@B's do not seem to qualify as traditional teardrops, if you need any metalwork done on your rig contact me. I have small shop off of S. Alamo and will help out any way I can. That goes for anyone else out there who is around or passing through SA and needs any help. D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby BufordT » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:47 am

Welcome aboard Joe.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Return to General Discussion