Back from Labor Day Camping Weekend

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Back from Labor Day Camping Weekend

Postby beverlyt » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:12 pm

We left out Friday afternoon to meet our friends up North on their 80 acres of "nothingness". Woods and quiet fields.

Dave and Barb brought the "highrise" camper. (as we call it) Was hoping to hear some coyotes, but though Dave howled several times, none answered back.

Here's camp...Bob the builder is in the camo shirt:

Everything went quite well except for my "Zodi Shower"
After getting it all hooked up and ready to go, I decided that the propane heater, which is rather large, heavy and cumbersome was pretty much not needed. Heating a pan of water on the stove and sticking the pump in that would have worked just as well!
Thinking of going with a simple Coleman pump shower. Anyone use one?
I was able to wash my hair with about 1 1/2 gallons of water. One must bring EXTRA water if one wants to shower.

The only mishap was upon arrival home, I opened the hatch and my Coleman stove promptly fell on the ground. We've got to figure out a way of securing it better since it has to ride on it's side to fit. Hook and bungies most likely. Hope my stove is ok. :(

Had a good time!
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Laredo » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:44 pm

Bev, I don't know about bungie cords, especially if you're having to pack up in a hurry and the stove is still hot.

What I might think about is to get a length of aluminum screen frame (like for repairing a storm door) and bending and drilling it to make a strap/bracket.

Thanks for the warning about the Zodi, too. Those are spendy puppies, and it's good to know they're not really required.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion