Side vents

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Ira » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:48 pm

I think Tony posted to install something for comfort, though I could be wrong.

I just know that with my deisgn, in the future, I'm gonna wish I had some real side vents to pull some real cross-breeze into there.

Can't wait to do it and drill right through all of my wires.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:49 pm

These vents work like the soffit vents on your house. They allow the house to breath. Unless you get some serious venturi effect you may not even know they are there, but the air will be better. You would need something to draw air into the trailer from the vents and out somewhere else to make it useful for cooling. Like an exaust fan or a really small attic fan. :lol:

Ira, thou shalt not drill through the wires. And never mess up that beautiful tear with normal windows. ;)
Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Laredo » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:40 pm

Ira, if you want air movement you need either a powered vent/fan in the roof or enough smaller vents to create a venturi effect.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby Tony » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:44 pm

Ira,

I am installing these for comfort ... but I am also installing muffin fans to help pull the air in thru duct work into the cabin. These fans are like what are in your computer and the ones that I have put out about 90 cfm of air. The other good thing about these fans is that they use little power to produce that movement and I believe the noise output is around 50db.
http://www.surplussales.com/Fans-Blowers/FansBlow-3.html There is a link to see these fans.

Mark,

You know, I forget about Streets .... I will have to stop by there tomorrow, I need some trim anyhow. If I cannot find what I am looking for there, I will probably order from West Marine.

Thanks everyone,
Tony
Helping to reduce morbidity and mortality on the highways and the byways.
Tony
Donating Member

Postby Ira » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:51 am

I don't have the powered vent, but I have the AC. But I just think it would be nice on a breezy day to actually FEEL that breeze a little without having to power anything up at all.

Not that we HAVE any breezy days in South Florida. It's either hurricane winds or stifling heat.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:06 am

Tony wrote:Ira,

I am installing these for comfort ... but I am also installing muffin fans to help pull the air in thru duct work into the cabin. These fans are like what are in your computer and the ones that I have put out about 90 cfm of air. The other good thing about these fans is that they use little power to produce that movement and I believe the noise output is around 50db.
http://www.surplussales.com/Fans-Blowers/FansBlow-3.html There is a link to see these fans.

Mark,

You know, I forget about Streets .... I will have to stop by there tomorrow, I need some trim anyhow. If I cannot find what I am looking for there, I will probably order from West Marine.

Thanks everyone,
Tony

:thumbsup: Great link Tony. Thanks
Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Gerdo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:53 pm

I was and am still thinking of something like this. http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... 7/12406/12 It would keep enough air moving to minimize moistier buildup and keep me from suffocating.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion