We started the dreaded hatch last night.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

We started the dreaded hatch last night.

Postby engled » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:18 am

I'g going to try and document it a little better than I have the rest of my tear. Take a peek. Click on "April 21 the hatch"
engled
Teardrop Advisor

hatch

Postby Clancy Courtney » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:40 am

Darryl, Looks like you be camping by the end of the month. Do you plan to rest the A/C unit on the ground when you use it? I wish I had made accomodations for A/C in my Cubby.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Re: hatch

Postby engled » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:48 am

Clancy Courtney wrote:Darryl, Looks like you be camping by the end of the month. Do you plan to rest the A/C unit on the ground when you use it? I wish I had made accomodations for A/C in my Cubby.
Clancy

Thats the plan, I think it will work pretty well. I will most likely come up with a small low stand to set it on so that is doesn't sit directly on the ground.
engled
Teardrop Advisor

Re: hatch

Postby BufordT » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:33 pm

Clancy, you should be able to modify the Cubby to have a/c. Just cut two holes in the top side. either side will do and use the some type of duct work to go to the a/c. You will have to build covers over the cold air side and the return on the a/c set it on the ground and hook the ducts to the cubby. A/c
Some where and I can't remember where right now. Someone did this for there tent. I'll try and find it later and point you there.

Bufordt :twisted:

Clancy Courtney wrote:Darryl, Looks like you be camping by the end of the month. Do you plan to rest the A/C unit on the ground when you use it? I wish I had made accomodations for A/C in my Cubby.
Clancy
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Steve Frederick » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:32 pm

I started the hatch this week Got the frame and inner skin done. Looks like it's gonna work! Tommorrow, I'll do a rough in for a light on the galley side of the lid.Then, I'll skin the outside.I got the interior varnished with one coat of satin spar. I'll finish the interior varnish this weekend too. The hinge for the lid arrived from Li'l Bear, along with the door latches. I'm getting the urge to drag it out in the driveway for a "campout". :wink: I'll update pics on Sunday and post.
Thanx for the support! SteveImage
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby BufordT » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:49 am

Nice looking hatch there Steve. Very nice looking indeed.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:55 am

Michelle wanted to camp out for her birthday too, so guess what. We dragged the unfinished teardrop out into the driveway, and we camped! You know that knox foam is sooooo comfortable. :king: :queen:

Mike...

Steve Frederick wrote: I'm getting the urge to drag it out in the driveway for a "campout". :wink:
Last edited by mikeschn on Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: We started the dreaded hatch last night.

Postby mikeschn » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:34 pm

Hey Darryl,

Went to your web page looking for progress, alas, you haven't updated your page yet. :cry: You did actually do something this weekend, didn't you? :?

Mike...

engled wrote:I'g going to try and document it a little better than I have the rest of my tear. Take a peek. Click on "April 21 the hatch"
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion