Gadgets

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

first night here

Postby OElaineO » Thu May 19, 2005 9:28 pm

Does anyone know anything about the NexxTech Wind-up Lantern/Radio?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/NexxTech ... tDetail.do

I ordered a Camp-Inn. Expected delivery January, 2006
How will I ever be able to wait?

Elaine
Sturgis, Mississippi
OElaineO
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Guest » Thu May 19, 2005 10:07 pm

Elaine,
It will be worth the wait and you can have loads of fun here while you're waiting it out.
Welcome to our board.
Last time I checked there were only 3 or 4 states that we didn't have a member in and Mississippi was one of them.
CROSS MISSISSIPPI OFF THE LIST!!!
Do what my kids and I are doing this summer... Make this summer your farewell tour to tent camping!!!
I don't expect to have my trailer done until just about this time next year, so if it helps... You'll be camping in yours before my kids and I get to try ours out.
BTW-Cary will help out matters by posting progress pics of your Camp-Inn for you. ;)

Postby beverlyt » Fri May 20, 2005 4:47 am

Hi Elaine!
Congrats on the Camp-Inn! I just bet you ordered yours with air?
My folks and 2 siblings live near Hattiesburg!

I don't know anything about that crank light, but hopefully someone has used them. We carry a large supply of batteries for different items and seems like it would be a nice to have a light that doesn't take batteries....

Wonder how much light it would throw? I noted that my battery operated lantern doesn't throw near the light that the propane lantern will.

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby IraRat » Fri May 20, 2005 8:11 am

Hey!!!!!!

That shower device is great sink solution (as far as pumping). Battery-powered, except using a foot switch is a little awkward.

But that Hot Water on Demand unit is even cooler--because it will pump either hot OR cold. Yeah, the propane heats it, but I guess it still needs batteries to pump.
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby Rob » Fri May 20, 2005 9:44 am

We saw someone with the Coleman hot water on demand unit and the bettter half said, "I want one of those". :shock: Ours is on order and should be here in a week or so. :thinking: We got the bag for it to protect it, but didn't bother with the pump or shower units. We'll be taking it to Idaho and back next month so will see if it is worth it.
Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby IraRat » Fri May 20, 2005 10:45 am

Rob wrote:We saw someone with the Coleman hot water on demand unit and the bettter half said, "I want one of those". :shock: Ours is on order and should be here in a week or so. :thinking: We got the bag for it to protect it, but didn't bother with the pump or shower units. We'll be taking it to Idaho and back next month so will see if it is worth it.
Rob

What do you mean, Rob? It comes with the pump.

I'm thinking about putting the jug/tank out of the way, and framing the heater so the faucet empties into a sink. I see there's a "Cool" setting on there, so what the heck does that mean? Also, how's the water pressure?
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby Larwyn » Fri May 20, 2005 11:26 am

IraRat wrote:
Rob wrote:We saw someone with the Coleman hot water on demand unit and the bettter half said, "I want one of those". :shock: Ours is on order and should be here in a week or so. :thinking: We got the bag for it to protect it, but didn't bother with the pump or shower units. We'll be taking it to Idaho and back next month so will see if it is worth it.
Rob

I'm thinking about putting the jug/tank out of the way, and framing the heater so the faucet empties into a sink. I see there's a "Cool" setting on there, so what the heck does that mean? Also, how's the water pressure?

The unit requires either the pump or the hose supply regulator/solenoid. Mine came with the pump, I got the regulator for hose connection so when there are hookups, the supply of hot water will be limited only by propane/battery.

Sorry, I have not used it yet so cannot comment on performance, bought it for the teardrop and put it in storage nearly a year ago... :lol: Hoping to use it for everthing from shower to hot coffee.... :)
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Re: Gadgets

Postby GregJ » Fri May 20, 2005 11:59 am

yhgail wrote:
This guy does research in bear country and uses a light weight temporary electric fence around his tent when working in Alaska.

If I were camping on the Kenai peninsula, I might consider it.

Gail

I've wondered about that as well. Just connect the Aluminum skin the the fence controller and put a ground stake in... As long as Mr. Bear didn't think the tear was picking a fight with him, should work.

Would also work on 2 legged critters and would be better than expresso if you forget to turn it off in the morning :o

Along with cooking away from the trailer, any open food items and coolers should probably be taken out as well. Just store in the usual bear country ways. Now where's that photo of the tear being hoisted up into a tree... :thumbsup:
Greg Jones
GregJ
Teardrop Builder

Postby IraRat » Fri May 20, 2005 1:18 pm

Larwyn wrote:
IraRat wrote:
Rob

The unit requires either the pump or the hose supply regulator/solenoid. Mine came with the pump, I got the regulator for hose connection so when there are hookups, the supply of hot water will be limited only by propane/battery.

Sorry, I have not used it yet so cannot comment on performance, bought it for the teardrop and put it in storage nearly a year ago... :lol: Hoping to use it for everthing from shower to hot coffee.... :)

Yeah, the pump is standard, as are both the DC and AC rechargers.
--Ira

IraRat
Forum Storyteller

kitchen gadget

Postby doug hodder » Fri May 20, 2005 11:43 pm

I gotta have an english muffin or a bagel in the am..., and I found a great stainless toaster. Made by Sea Dog, and available from West Marine. It's part number is 590400-1. I haven't put heat to it yet, but I know what I had before and this appears to have everything else beat hands down. Doug Hodder
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Re: kitchen gadget

Postby IraRat » Sat May 21, 2005 7:10 am

doug hodder wrote:I gotta have an english muffin or a bagel in the am..., and I found a great stainless toaster. Made by Sea Dog, and available from West Marine. It's part number is 590400-1. I haven't put heat to it yet, but I know what I had before and this appears to have everything else beat hands down. Doug Hodder

You can toast a bagel in the Outback oven, right? I don't have a toaster on my shopping list!
--Ira

IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby San Diegan » Sat May 21, 2005 7:46 am

Tom
San Diegan
Teardrop Master

Postby westener » Sat May 21, 2005 7:48 am

I find all of this caro really amusing.

Going camping with english muffins, electric blankets and 12V hair dryers!

You people have got to be taking the piss.

I might be in Aussie but I do have some knowledge of American heritage and I will bet my last dollar not too many of your pioneer women in their covered wagons set out with hair dryers.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!
Mediocre minds cannot go mad..Shree Bagwhan Rajneesh
westener
Teardrop Inspector

Postby WoodSmith » Sat May 21, 2005 9:01 am

Camping means different things to different people. Some poeple leave home with a hiking staff and maybe a liitle fishing line and thats it. Others ride in huge motorhomes that are nicer than my house.

Different strokes for different folks.
Glen Smith
Build Journal
WoodSmith
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion