Hey Rhonda, another Ebay teardrop...in OHIO

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Hey Rhonda, another Ebay teardrop...in OHIO

Postby beverlyt » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:02 pm

beverlyt
500 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:06 am

Thanks Bev. I just emailed him with a whole bunch of questions. We'll see what he has to say! I was curious how there could be scrap metal in 42 when the war was still in full swing. :shock: Anyway, I asked for more details, pics, etc. Ohio is certainly easier to get to.

We've been stopping and knocking on doors about some little trailers we've seen. Have had the wonderful opportunity to meet some very rude people. :lol: Ah, well, we'll keep looking.

Thanks for the link - I hadn't seen this one.
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:17 pm

Rhonda,

I have friends in the Columbus area. I could probably get one of them to check it out for you if you like.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:37 pm

It sounds like the inside of this would have to be gutted and redone. It's red vinyl and red carpeting on the inside. I'd feel like I was in the middle of someone's stomach or something. The seller was pretty vague on some of my other questions. Something about it doesn't sit right with me.
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:49 pm

Did they say what part of Columbus they're in?

I would certainly ditch that red vinyl as well and wonder how much the thing weighs.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:50 am

This was his reply to me...

<<<Rhonda, the interior is red & black low pile carpet on a thin foam pad with high quality vinyl sides and ceiling. the vinyl is studded with upholstery tacks. there is a small shelf at one end that is also vinyl/studded. it's all put together pretty professionally. no mattress. all in great shape. i'll see if i can get a couple photos of the galley to send along in a day or so. didn't want to delay this response waiting on them. there is an electrical outlet on the exterior rear. wired to inside light and outlet in the galley. no sink/stove. there is a metal lined bin with lid in the galley that served as a cooler. haven't used it for that, so i don't know if it leaks. doesn't appear to have any damage. i'm only assuming that in '42 the metal came from planes in early retirement or such. i really don't know. something i read in my research on these things. these were made from kits by personal buyers--not manufactured for retail. came across original plans on ebay once.>>>

He never responded to my question about weight.
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion