Glues

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Eski » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:45 am

Paul,

I went to Bunnings, and the extremely helpful bloke behind the trade counter told me of a few types of glue that were similar in composition, but very different in price. The first tube I used for my floor and some of the walls was Selleys Adhesive + Sealant, the second (I brought a few tubes of this stuff) is Bostik Gold, and the third was Sikaflex (very expensive), all are a flexible adhesive + sealant. I ended up getting the Selleys for $10.65 a tube, and the Bostik for $8.25 a tube, and from memory, the Sikaflex was $25 a tube.

I couldn't live without my Triton workbench, it's so versatile.

Good luck with the rest of your build. Will hopefully meet you sometime during Easter 2007 (if the minister of home finance still says yes).

Cheers

Adam.
Eski
Teardrop Builder

Postby Micro469 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:49 pm

Has anyone thought of using Vinyl Tile Adhesive? I just laid a kitchen floor using Tarkett 800. Its a thick white liquid that you trowel on and then wait till it gets clear and VERY tacky. I think it would work well putting al on a tear.

Just a funny moment.. as I was working on the floor, our cat started to walk across and got stuck.. The stuff's like flypaper, I had to help him off.Kind of funny watching him walk around for the next little while with his feet sticking every time he took a step.
:lol:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion