Arne is smoking...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Arne is smoking...

Postby mikeschn » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:32 pm

Hey Arne,

What you trying to do? Prove me wrong, or just wear yourself out?

I see what you are up to... Just smoking up a storm over there eh?

Mike...

P.S. I see those little ribs on your 2x2 joists... which edge are they flush with? or are they in the middle?

P.P.S. I also see my Porter Cable nailer/stapler in your photo. What are you doing with that? Nailing the joists instead of screwing them?

P.P.P.S. No galley, eh?
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:05 pm

The panel is just clamped in to see what it looks like (and how it bends to the shape). The joists are ripped 2x3's.... lots of sawdust... The corner braces are cut from furring strips, glued and braded in place to keep the t/d square till it's paneled.

I'm obsessed with getting it done. working 8 hour days, including trips to home depot and the hardware store....

I'll soon be ready to install doors, vents, etc.... wall is prewired (excess it rolled up and ziptied; top of left side). The switch panel is/will be a 4-rocker marine unit.

The galley will come in the spring. and I might drop the floor and make a footwell... This one is tall enough for a table. Just wish I had made it another foot longer (for a/c)....

It is going along well, but hundreds of decisions and operations. Each time I do something, another problem pops up. Bet you've never run into that, have you?/g/

I need sleep.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to General Discussion