Trailer security

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Ira » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:16 am

CHUCKLEHEAD69 wrote:took the pic out of post i was joking and after thinking about it it was in bad taste.

You don't have to apologize! Sorry if it was ME that came off too strong.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Wright » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:28 am

Alright! You guys have got me all paranoid-like. All I have right now is a pile of 2" steel, and I've spent the last 20 minutes thinking about how I can lock it up... :o Man I'm not right... :thinking:
:BE Wright

SEMPER FI
Wright
*teardrop schemer

Postby BILLYL » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:30 am

I bought one of these;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... egory=6755

Works well

Bill
"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they'll
gonna murder you in your sleep...." Frank Zappa
BILLYL
Donating Member

Postby rampage » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:34 am

BILLYL wrote:I bought one of these;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... egory=6755

Works well

Bill

Thats pretty cool.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
rampage
Donating Member

Postby rampage » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:37 am

One of my friends told me that he was boating a few weeks ago and he saw some guy with a trailer that had no wheels and axle. He said that some idiot stole them while he was out in the water. Can you believe that crap?? :thumbdown:
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
rampage
Donating Member

Postby Ira » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:42 am

Wright wrote:Alright! You guys have got me all paranoid-like. All I have right now is a pile of 2" steel, and I've spent the last 20 minutes thinking about how I can lock it up... :o Man I'm not right... :thinking:

Why don't you melt it all down, bring it into the house in buckets, and when you're ready to build, forge it into rails again?
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Wright » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:54 am

Thanks for the idea Ira! :thinking: I'll have to give that one some thought.... Just don't tell Rampage where I got my axle... :roll: ok Truthfully coming back to pull your boat out to find your axle missing... :cry: man you mean to tell me that nobody noticed somebody taking it off??? I'd have been 20 questions and a 911 call to the guy with the wrench! that aint cool!
:BE Wright

SEMPER FI
Wright
*teardrop schemer

Postby Micro469 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:13 pm

Maybe you guys should come up and camp in Canada's national Parks. When we leave our campsite to go to the beach, everything is wide open. Nothing gets stolen, We only worry when there are 'Mericans around. On second thought....... :lol:

Just joking....comeon up and enjoy.. :thumbsup:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby asianflava » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:55 pm

GeorgeTelford wrote:Those round key security locks (same as on coke and games machines) supposedly have 2 million combinations of key, or a simple pce of cardboard if you know what you are doing.

I've heard about using the BIC pen but not the cardboard. I think the guy n the vid clip is using the pen.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby GeorgeTelford » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi Asian

Yes the video is of a pen (different make soft plastic) the cardboard is from the inner tube on a toilet roll, it quickly and simply makes a master key so its 2 million different keys or a 1 " sq of cardboard.....

Billyl

Isnt that wheel clamp a bit of a pain to use? crawling under the tear is occasionally going to be a dirtyor wet messy job...
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:46 pm

GeorgeTelford wrote:Hi Gage

To defeat LoJack the thief only as to carry a simple device in his pocket, he doesnt actually have to find the LoJack unit.
<snip>

Aw,but how many smart thieves that will be carrying that little pocket gizmo will be stealling a teardrop? Seems to me that only the smart ones will be carrying them and they probably won't waste thier time with a teardrop. I sure wouldn't they are to different and attract to much attention.

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:25 pm

I'm looking for a wheel lock that will work on a smoothie rim. I had found one but lost the link :hammerhead: . I've been doing searches with no luck. Anyone know of one that will work? :relaxing: Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Gage » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:37 pm

A little gal came to the Redwoods last Sept. and put a wheel lock on her tear. I was going to remove it and slide the wheel under the tear but no one else had a teardrop made on a HF frame so there were no spare wheels around to replace it. :cry: :lol:

Have a good day.

:thinking:
It was her first gathering in California. Does that tell you who? ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Leon » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:11 pm

The neat thing about a Lojack on a teardrop is no one is going to expect one in the first place.
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby mercy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:31 am

you making fun of my new york city bicycle lock? even here, sometimes i'll see a bike messenger sailing past with one of those wrapped around his (or her) waist. they are no {censored} joke. thread it through your tire, around your axle, and back out and it keeps the crackheads away as well as keeps it from rolling around. figure anybody that really wants it will get it no matter what i do to it. *ahem*
;)
-courtney
practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless
mercy
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion