Trailer security

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby asianflava » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:00 pm

Classic Finn wrote:
asianflava wrote:I have the Master Lock set , it takes care of everything and you only have to keep track of one key.

Asianflava

Would you have a photo of the system you have conected up? Let me see if I can get a photo of the one we have here and by no means is it fancy as that... but it works.

Classic Finn ;)

I don't have any pics but Denny posted this pic earlier in this thread. It is the same trailer lock that is included in the kit. The other 2 locks are to lock the reciever to the draw bar and to lock the trailer when attached to the ball (like the padlock in this pic)

asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:36 pm

This is what we have here.. I guess its close to that ....

We have a family friend that installs automobile alarms... so he said he could install a similiar system that can be hooked up to our mobile phones ... The phone will alarm us if someone tampers with it if we are not near the trailer..

Or I will have an alarm that starts "Whistlin Dixie" Reaaaaal Loud if someone tampers with it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or if a Moose starts scratchin its behind on the tear it will send off the whistle.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic Finn :)

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby the3beers » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:13 pm

:o look what i started :roll:
the3beers
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:03 pm

the3beers wrote::o look what i started :roll:

...naw, we have had this same discussion before but that is OK...you and a bunch of folks weren't here at the time and we all need a little remindin' at times of what is available...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby mercy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:18 pm

headed up to mendocino tomorrow, and headed to pamplin grove in a little less than 2 weeks.

and yeah, i like switching up the hair pretty regularly.

re: locks...
i guess i should be more worried about it, but i'm not. snagging one of these isn't really a passing fancy, you've really got to want one to up and steal one. if you're that desperate, more power to ya. in the end, it's a Thing That Can Be Replaced. the lock is more to keep the friendly neighborhood crackheads from wheeling it into the street or otherwise messing with it. (it's worked great so far in both rochester, ny as well as here)
-courtney
practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless
mercy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Larwyn » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:25 pm

I guess we could just build our trailers so ugly nobody else would want them.......... :D

In my experience, the only time anybody messsed with my campsite was to come in and tie everything down with ropes and tarps while I was away during a strong wind storm. Nobody owned up to it, I would have been happy to reward them for it though.

Stealing a one of a kind teardrop would qualify one for "dumbest crook award".

I'll have locks on my doors and maybe a lock on the hitch. Other than that I'll just have fun camping and confidence that my trailer will still be ther when I get back. Guess if there is a big chance somebody might steal the TD I could always take the 5th wheel, not that many thieves run around with 5th wheel hitches on their escape vehicle......... :lol: :lol:
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby Melvin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:33 pm

Larwyn wrote:Stealing a one of a kind teardrop would qualify one for "dumbest crook award".

About ten years ago in my old home town some nut stole the wheels off the highway patrol's brand new, not yet plated, parked in their fenced yard, pursuit special Camaro. About $3000 worth of wheels and tires. And then found out, surprise :o , they couldn't be fenced.

Ballsy and stupid.
Commandant Louis Joseph Lahure has a singular distinction in military history - he defeated a navy on horseback. Occupying Holland in January 1795, the French continental army learned that the mighty Dutch navy had been frozen into the ice around Texel Island. So Lahure and 128 men simply rode up to it and demanded surrender. No shots were fired.
Melvin
Teardrop Master

Postby Chris C » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:39 am

(who said crooks were smart?) :lol:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby EZ » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:04 am

I guess we could just build our trailers so ugly nobody else would want them.......... :D

That's the route I'm taking. Nice on the inside and old style and somewhat rustic on the outside.

The camper door just has your everyday storm door handle/lock (thus far). Locks may not stop theives but they might deter hooliganism.

Ed
Former Hooligan :NC :shhh: :oops:
EZ
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion