LilDiner cabinet panels

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

LilDiner cabinet panels

Postby mikeschn » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:27 pm

Here's the lil diner panels for the cabinets. Looks pretty simple to me...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:03 pm

Well guys, are you going to ask? Where the heck are those things used? Hmmm... I've got a patient bunch of guys. Well, I guess that's a good thing!!! LOL...

But just in case anyone was wondering, here's what you do with em!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:15 pm

Mike ,, we knew you couldnt resist showing us so we just saved typing space,,lmao!!

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:19 pm

That arrangement does look pretty simple.
I don't know if you saw my response to your question about when I'm going to be starting construction... Hopefully this coming spring. (Gotta canoe to finish first)
So with that said, the layout and shape of the Lil' Diner (I know the name is not official yet) will be very similar to what I'm going to be building. So things should be pretty easy for me, because you and Steve will have already went through all the design/build querks.
I'll keep a sharp eye and a sharp pencil on this great little project!
I mean, Hey!... I'd better, because this might be your last project! :lol:

Thanks Mike!!

Postby mikeschn » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:45 pm

Which one should I build next? The Winter Warrior or the Raven Argonaut?

LOL

Mike...

Yes, I got your previous msg Dean!
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:56 pm

Mike,,,go out on a limb,,,get a tall glass of wine,,,let ya mind wander,,, ponder all that has and has not been done with a teardrop,,throw caution to the wind,,,meditate,,, spend a day in an Indian sweat lodge,,,seek the ultimate truth,,then and only then let your creative mind go forward with a tear or tiny trailer that is not of any normality of size, shape and most important materials,,all high tech,,,electro this and that,,,space age materials,,,gadgets gallore,,,light weight,,,built for 2024,,think way outside the box but bring it all into a 5x5x10 ft package,,
maybe I need to put the wine up myself...

ya thinking yet???????????

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:04 pm

Ditto what Chip says, but he left out one of the mind clearing pre- requisits to obtaining the designers clarity needed...
...climb up in a redwood tree, lash yourself to the tree at least 150 ft above the forest floor and ride out a wind blown storm.

Let me know, I'll book a flight for you.

Postby mikeschn » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:29 pm

Thinking about standing on the tallest building on the AL coast when Ivan the terrible comes in tomorrow... that should blow out all the cobwebs, ya think? :rofl:

More down to earth... here's what I am thinking about for the walls of the Lil' Diner.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby asianflava » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:28 pm

Wow it must be nice to be able to have that much forethought in your construction. As it stands, all I have to go by is http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/teardrop/tear27.htm and a full size pattern. Hopefully I will be able to iron out the details as I go along.

I just bought some wood and foam today. I will start playing with it in the following weeks to see if my techniques will work. So far the only thing extra that I've purchased for this project is a biscuit cutter from HF.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:40 pm

You'll like the biscuit joiner... I join all my panels with it. You can even join the furring strips of a side wall with it, but I found that to be unnecessary.

The bisucit joiner will also help you building your doors for your cabinets, and your face frames too! It's one of my favorite tools!!!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion