2016 Farm Gathering Registration

British Columbia Chapter of the Tear Jerkers (Director Brian Woods "Vedette")

Re: 2016 Farm Gathering Registration

Postby gudmund » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:28 am

it's been a month since anyone chimed in here, so I thought I'd say something just be saying something - where is everyone in BC?? Is there anyone home???
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Greg M » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:34 am

Yup, I'm home. That's the problem.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby gudmund » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:33 am

Glad to see someone is home. I did wave across the water towards you a few weeks ago when I was out toward Port Angeles driving around "Wonder'in Aimlessly". Will be heading out next week to eastern Washington to meet up with Brian&Sandi then heading to the Shasta Gathering (depending on what the doctor says tomorrow when I see him) Trailer is loaded and ready to go!! Take care and probably see you again at the Farm in July. Ted Hoefer, Camano Island, Wash.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Greg M » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi Ted,
I'd wave back on my way to Portland tomorrow, but Whidbey Island will be in the way ;)
Hope the doc gives you the green light.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby gudmund » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:27 am

What, your not heading south by way of Seattle?? Just think of all that traffic you are going to miss along with all the trees and greenery you will have to see staying on west side of the water!!! ENJOY THE DRIVE!!!! Ted
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Vedette » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Less than a month to go! :P

If you do not appear on our "Who is Coming" list, but are planning to attend........Please contact us ASAP!
Thanks
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:46 am

Less than 2 weeks to go :P
We have had a couple of cancellations do to unforeseen circumstances :( But our numbers are continuing to grow and the Farm is slowly getting whipped into shape for this year's event.
Still no Fire Ban in place and the long range weather forecast looks great!
Looking forward to seeing you all very soon.
Anyone camping south of the 49th on Wednesday night? :thinking: Others may want to know????
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:09 pm

ONE!!!! week to go!!!!! am loaded and will heading out Sunday morning by way of Hy2 east to Wenatchee than onto Soap Lake for the nite than north on 97. Should be there Monday, but could be Tuesday if I take the side trip. Still haven't decided whether to buy "eggs" in Omak before I cross the border this year or wait to get the Canadian one's after I cross - don't need to hear the "have you got any gun's or eggs?" question again this year after last years US egg flu ordeal. See you when I get there.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Vedette » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:44 am

Hi Ted
Came in at 9:30 tonight for supper (it was getting too dark to shovel more bark mulch a gravel), but will be back out there at 6:00 am.
Going to get back to work to work on the Shower house after 11 months of procrastination.........you know me, I work best under pressure! ;)
Some bad news.....the scheduled pour (700 + sq. ft. of new deck) is scheduled for Wednesday morning????? :twisted:
But, taking your current health status, I have another job for you. :thinking: :thinking:
On my way to Tieton Wa. last weekend, I spent a couple of hours at the State Park at the base of Dry Falls visiting with the Ranger, and taking a tour of the facilities they would have to offer us if we were to use it as our last stop before Union Gap while on the Fall Crawl.
It was a beautiful campground, but we will be there on Sept 15th (last day of peak season) and rules are rules at SP's so the rate was not good, plus their group campsite was a joke :thumbdown: No power, no parking for TV's, too small for our group, etc. etc.
So.....If you are going to Soap Lake? I need you to check out the large Campground towards the North end of the lake (I forget the name, but it looks very nice and seems to get nicer and nicer every time we drive by??) See if they would have a group sight that could accommodate at least 20 TD's c/w TV''s with power for those that require it. And we want a "Rate" ....Fixed or per teardrop.
Second "Area" choice would be closer to Grand Coulee ....campground on Banks Lake is pricey and not nice, & Steamboat is a definite NO! Spring Canyon on the East side (direction we will be coming in from) is one of my favorites and is "Cheap" but no showers (and we have to remember our next nights will be at the AG Museum that also has " no showers"
I don't know which way you go to Soap Lake from Wenatchee (north to Orondo then over Hwy 2 to Dry Falls or southeast to Quincy then over to Ephrata??)
If you are going the Ephrata route ....there is also the campground on the left as you enter Ephrata from the West????
Please check out whatever you think might work for us and we can discuss it as a group at the Farm!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
See you "Early??" next week.
Also could you bring some Krusty's Pancake mix if it is cheap and some "butter" from Walmart. We will re-emburse you when you get here!
Butter, Gas, and Tequila are expensive in Canada!!! :(
Looking forward to seeing you again my friend!
Brian& Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:18 pm

Vedette wrote:Some bad news.....the scheduled pour (700 + sq. ft. of new deck) is scheduled for Wednesday morning????? :twisted:
But, taking your current health status, I have another job for you. :thinking: :thinking:

No, you are not going to use Ted as part of the foundation! If I don't see him there when I arrive, I'm calling the cops!
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby gudmund » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:39 pm

yes, I could probably SAVE a few of those CUBIC feet of concrete in cost with my size. Thanks for the warning Greg!!! I'll have to keep my eyes open and watch behind me more closely. If you don't see me, get out a metal detector, you might be able to pick-up my pace-maker with it thought the concrete!!! Time for bed , am leaving when I get up at about 3AM tomorrow.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Greg M » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Have a good drive Ted, see you Thursday.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Loren » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:10 am

Ted who? Oh, that Ted, one of the "founders" here. And be careful, not all of the cement has set up yet.
Loren
Loren
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Greg M » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:24 am

He's the foundation of a good gathering
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Greg M » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Washed the trailer in preparation, made it rain
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

PreviousNext

Return to British Columbia, Canada