2016 Farm Gathering Report

British Columbia Chapter of the Tear Jerkers (Director Brian Woods "Vedette")

2016 Farm Gathering Report

Postby Vedette » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:19 am

Well, another Farm Gathering is in the history books! :wine:
Our attendance was down from 2015, and the weather was a little challenging at times. :roll:
But, as seasoned Campers, our participants didn't let either dampen their quest for a fun filled weekend.
Some of our registered participants came early, and some stayed for an extra day before heading for home.
We had Tear Jerker friends for B.C., Saskatchewan, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and from as far away as Arizona. :thumbsup:
20 registered teardrops, tiny trailers, and one tent!
Once again the "shower house" was not quite finished when everyone started to arrive, but with the help of some of our campers, it was up and running before anyone got too gamey. And it proved to be a wonderful addition to the "Farm Experience"
With the skies threatening, our patented "Show & Brag" was once again a great success; and a real eye opener for the first timers we had here at the Farm.
Also, with no "Fire Ban" in effect this year, we were able to have a community Campfire every night.
The Food is always plentiful, and our camping friends came up with a wonderful variety of Dutch oven specialties, salads, and desserts! :applause:
The Binford 600 Smoothie Pro and other blenders got quite a workout in an attempt to keep everyone on "Montana Margaritas" all weekend , and to use up all of that Tequila that was most gracious brought over the border and shared by our campers.
There were also an amazing "Variety" of trailers this year........no two the same.
When we weren't been chirped at by the Marmots, or distracted by the two bucks that grazed around us (or came over for a visit) we were treated to a light show in the trees (courtesy of Tracy's new additions to "Tink"). :applause:
Anyway, Sandi & I would like to Thank all of those that supported our 3rd Annual Farm Gathering.
It was to bad that both Greg and Steve were unable to attend this years event to make a "Farm Gathering Video"
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Hope to see you all at the Farm in 2017! :wine: :wine: :wine:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Re: 2016 Farm Gathering Report

Postby Jim.Johnson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:18 am

As a first time attender at The Farm I was impressed with what Brian and Sandi have done to make it a great gathering venue. No one could ask for more enthusiastic and gracious hosts for an event. And, yes, the shower is a really nice addition! :thumbsup:
Jim.Johnson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby gudmund » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:48 am

came home directly yesterday by way of Manning Park/Hope way - no problems, next year just have to remember to bring "Tequila"!!! - not CHEAP wine !!! Will have the batter and syrup ready for the crawl (and Tequila!!) Take care - see you in September . Ted
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Vedette » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Glad you made it home safely Ted. :thumbsup:
And yes, with our Camp Chef Explorer II and Ted's (his has been named the BinFord 6000) we were able to change up the program a little this year by having a Pancake Breakfast on Sunday morning! I was a lot less work for Sandi than in previous years and way more fun. :applause: And I got to try out our new Camp Chef Griddle. :twisted: while Ted got to mix pancakes in his new Canada Day apron. Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Loren » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:46 pm

We made it home ok after 2 days. Made one detour looking for an Idaho state park that required 4-wheel drive and a very short trailer on a mountain cliffside road.
At the farm, we had the usual great time! Thanks to both Brian and a very patient Sandi!
Loren & Claudia
Loren
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Wobbly Wheels » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:54 am

As one of the aforementioned first timers, it was a great introduction to the teardrop community and to the Gathering format.
Thanks to everyone for creating such a warm fun atmosphere. I'm going to have to skip this whole 'work' thing and just retire now so I can spend more time at these events. I'll definitely try and make part of the Crawl in Sept !

Thanks again to Brian & Sandi and to everyone who helped out, especially the folks who helped me set up when I rolled in Saturday night.
And yes, the gelcoat has hardened up nicely now - it's not tacky anymore. :lol:
Wobbly Wheels
Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Wobbly Wheels wrote:And yes, the gelcoat has hardened up nicely now - it's not tacky anymore. :lol:

Well, get sanding then
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby gudmund » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:58 am

and to add the quote from a "GREAT" Canadian philosopher ' we'll be pulling for ya" (Red Green)
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Wobbly Wheels » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:36 pm

Hehe...camping will be getting in the way of sanding for a while I think, especially with the next stretch of weather we're supposed to be getting !

Women do find me handy...what does that say about my looks ?
Wobbly Wheels
Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:51 pm

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but now you mention it...
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Vedette » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Just to get you three away from comparing "looks and ability" for a moment.
The hay is cut, raked and baled. Sun is back out and the Valley is back to normal.....what a difference a week can make? :roll:
Huge "Block Party" tomorrow thru the hedge........went there for a preview on Wednesday night. :twisted: Had a hard time finding the opening on the way home. :oops:
Man, Steve's wine is good!
Wish everyone was still here at the Farm to share a glass of "Red" with us on the new deck....... Sandi and I quite enjoy it!
Oh.......and we tried out the new Shower this afternoon..........Very delightful. Thanks for the inspiration!! ;)
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:06 am

Damn, shoulda pushed the date back a week :)
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Vedette » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:50 am

I know! As we sat there under the hot Okanagan skies, with the hay cut, baled and off the fields (huge parking lot) with a pig big enough to feed 100 people ant the spit , and the corn cooker full of fresh Chilliwack corn, I thought the same thing.
And at one point this evening, I mentioned that this was my original intended date. BUT, I adjusted the schedule to fit a few of the Tear Terkers that were scheduled to come........and as it turned out, only one of those showed????????? :roll:
If the two events would have been combined maybe it would have been way more fun for "All" involved. :thinking:
But, hind sight is always 20 20 and we saw our event as a tremendous success the way it was(even with the rain)......you guys were Great! :thumbsup: And we did have Fun!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:05 pm

I had lots of fun too. It takes more than a bit of rain to spoil an islander's weekend.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Vedette » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:30 pm

Greg M wrote:I had lots of fun too. It takes more than a bit of rain to spoil an islander's weekend.

That is what we love about Teardrop Campers.....Their Spirit!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to British Columbia, Canada