Shadows over Shaniko (Eclipse 2017)

British Columbia Chapter of the Tear Jerkers (Director Brian Woods "Vedette")

Shadows over Shaniko (Eclipse 2017)

Postby byrdz1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:03 pm

http://teardroptrailers.org/shadows-over-shaniko.html

2017 will include a full Solar Eclipse, and we have an amazing venue: The “ghost town” of Shaniko, Oregon.
Located in the upper swath of the eclipse path, Shaniko will be in full eclipse for 1 minute, 27 seconds, with approximately 2 minutes on each side while the moon is moving. Shaniko is on the high desert of Oregon and we will be able to see the mountains go into the shadows. Best yet, Shaniko has very little cloud cover, so we have a great chance to have clear skies for the event.
Viewing glasses will be included in your event fee and we are working with the town to set up other events such as a tour with the town historian, and the Sarsaparilla bar will be open. There is quite a bit to see in Shaniko, and a lot of history.
There are only 35 spots at this time. If we sell out I am in talks with members of the community, and we can potentially find more spots, or add another area. Sign up @ blah blah. You will be invoiced in the order you sign up. The first 35 paid will be in, and I will stop the invoice process. We will go to wait list, and the Shadows team will work to on the expansion.
The cost is $80.00 per trailer (no matter when you come or when you go), viewing glasses included. We will set up a misting tent for cooling off, visiting, telling lies, and one community propane fire pit.
Dinner Friday night TBD
Saturday night
Movie – Close Encounters of the Third Kind under the stars
Margarita night to benefit the town details TBD
Sunday night
Movie – ET under the stars
Star Gazing with Chuck, bring your phones and loungers
Monday morning Breakfast, eclipse viewing
Now for the bad stuff:
 NO shore power: There will be solar around that you can borrow, but if you have a medical need you will need to make sure you make your own power arrangements in advance
 FIRE is a HUGE threat out there. NO open flame will be allowed. We get ONE fire pit with a propane flame, so the good news is that we will spend time together at the pitifully small fire. Yes, we can have stoves, but we will have sand next to every trailer, and NO Dutch Ovens
 NO proper showers, I am willing to loan out my setup, but we might be a little smelly when we get home
 It is 50 miles to the nearest fuel
 We will set up an area for smoking of any kind. If you are caught smoking outside this area you will be asked to leave
 It will be windy, it is the nature of the location
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Re: Shadows over Shaniko (Eclipse 2017)

Postby GuitarPhotog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:12 am

Brian, you gotta be there. I'm bringing beer!

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:01 am

I'm signed up!
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Vedette » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:05 pm

GuitarPhotog wrote:Brian, you gotta be there. I'm bringing beer!

<Chas>
:beer:

Unfortunately can not make that one??
Brian
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Return to British Columbia, Canada