SECOND ANNUAL CANADIAN TEARDROP GATHERING

British Columbia Chapter of the Tear Jerkers (Director Brian Woods "Vedette")

Postby Larry Messaros » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:47 am

This was in the latest issue of TOW, I contacted Ron Cain to see if I could post this on the forum, so here it is reprinted with permission.

By Ron Cain
As a Canadian, I am inviting all teardroppers to Langley, BC for the Langley Cruise-In Car Show. Langley is just north of the US border in the lower mainland, only 2 1/2 hours from Seattle. Last year was the first meet and we had 10 teardrops show up and everyone had a great time. The Langley Cruise-In, a three-day event, will attract over 1400 vintage vehicles from all over the Pacific Northwest. This car show is one of the finest shows in North America. Hot rods, custom show cars, racecars and even airplanes are featured.

There are local attractions and car show events all weekend. The old-town area with its shops and restaurants are within walking distance of our camp. After we’ve broken camp on Sunday, we’re invited to show our trailers at the car show. All teardrops and vintage camp trailers are invited.

To get into Canada, all you need is a photo ID. Your driver’s license will do. However, all pets need vaccination proof. No firearms allowed! To get back into the USA, you need a photo ID as well as a BIRTH CERTIFICATE or a PASSPORT.

Plans are for a potluck for Saturday supper and a group breakfast on Sunday. I need to make a count if you’ll be joining us. My number is 250-477-3755 in Victoria, BC.

So, reserve September 8th, 9th and 10th for this event. Most of us will camp Friday, the 8th and Saturday, the 9th. Come camp as a group at the Fort Langley RV Resort & Campground. People MUST reserve their site in section C. The sooner the better as that increases the chance that we can all be in one area. The cost for two nights is $55 Canadian. Call toll free 1-866-267-3678 ASAP. To register for the car show (advance registration makes things easier) see www.langleycruise-in.com - this is one spectacular car show and last year the teardrops where a big hit! For travel information and maps please visit our website at www.teardroptrailers.org
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Return to British Columbia, Canada