best plans to build from for kampmaster

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

best plans to build from for kampmaster

Postby bigrod » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:05 am

I am a newbee and would like some info on which plans to build from .I was thinking of building the kampmaster version but the comet wasnt bad either any sugestions would be great eh thanx big rod :D
bigrod
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:19 am

bigrod...welcome aboard.
The Comet is the creation of Kevin at Kuffel Creek and detailed plans are available for sale at kuffelcreek.com. The kampmaster has no plans other than some ole reprints from MI or from "angibs" web site, both TD's are nice. Since you are new here I suggest you take the time to roam around the Hall of Fame, members galleries and the various website/build journals available on this board. Take your time, think long about what you have to have Vs. what you think you want, consider your various options and then go from there...and remember that when you start your build...take pics, lotsa pics because...we luv da pics
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby bigrod » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:36 am

thanx for the reply I sure do like rolys all wood as I am a woodworker as well I just need it to be larger as I am 6foot 3 All the wood work is inspiring I have all the woodworking equpment available thanx to the LORD JESUS CHRIST And am looking forward to the project thanx
bigrod
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:54 am

bigrod wrote:thanx for the reply I sure do like rolys all wood as I am a woodworker as well I just need it to be larger as I am 6foot 3 All the wood work is inspiring I have all the woodworking equpment available thanx to the LORD JESUS CHRIST And am looking forward to the project thanx

I asked the big guy for a new planer this morning, sure hope it gets here soon, would like to use it for the trim on the Woody I'm building. Found 2 boxes of Senco staples and some new tapered drills with countersinks on the workbench yesterday when we got home from camping. (Don't have a staple gun, but was wanting one) He does work in mysterious ways for sure.

Steve in St Augustine :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby angib » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:32 am

Bigrod, welcome.

I have drawn out the shape and layout of the Kampmaster on my web site, but there are no significant details of its construction.

A pdf of the original Popular Mechanics plans can be downloaded from the Tiny tears plan page or directly here. I'm not sure how long these plans may be available, so get 'em while they're hot!

Like all these old plans:
- You need to fill in quite a few details yourself - no problem if you are that way inclined, but these are not step-by-step plans.
- You will need to update these plans to suit modern materials and fittings - these plans are 50 years old.
- There are some small errors and inconsistencies in all these old plans - for example, one minor detail left out of the Wild Goose plans is the exact length of the body side!

If you want detailed step-by-step plans, the Comet from Kuffel Creek would seem to get most folks' approval.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby bigrod » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:47 am

Thanx for all the info I sure like the cabin car look on a wild goose I am leaning towards that kind of look probably in the 6 x 12 size from what I am seeing the best way is to build a template from cardboard then transfer that to the 1/8 hardboard or is that called masonite in the states I am not sure of the terminology :oops:
bigrod
Teardrop Inspector

Postby angib » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:43 pm

bigrod wrote:.....probably in the 6 x 12 size.....

I forgot to point out that the bed in the Kampmaster is transverse. So you at 6ft 3in lying across a 6ft wide trailer isn't too good!

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby kurtibm » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:32 pm

angib wrote:
bigrod wrote:.....probably in the 6 x 12 size.....

I forgot to point out that the bed in the Kampmaster is transverse. So you at 6ft 3in lying across a 6ft wide trailer isn't too good!

Andrew

The bed design can changed to be put in length-wise, as was done in mine - yes, it eats a bit further into the galley area, but the elbow room is a Godsend. Using a futon, or multi-fold foam mattress, a small sofa (and table) are possible; as is "basement" storage.

http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=3512

http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=3513

http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=3514
It is not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years.
kurtibm
Donating Member

Postby angib » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:10 pm

kurtibm wrote:The bed design can changed to be put in length-wise, as was done in mine

Very nice. When lying in bed, are your legs (well, feet) between the wheel-boxes?

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby kurtibm » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:17 pm

angib wrote:
kurtibm wrote:The bed design can changed to be put in length-wise, as was done in mine

Very nice. When lying in bed, are your legs (well, feet) between the wheel-boxes?

Andrew

Part-way... yes.
It is not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years.
kurtibm
Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques