At last a chassis

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby BufordT » Sat May 28, 2005 5:54 am

angib wrote:I like that chassis and particularly the disc wheels - so much more appropriate for a teardrop than the eight spoke.

But are you sure your tow vehicle is man enough for the job? Looks a bit dainty to me. :roll:

Andrew

Well, Well, Well. Would you look at that Andrew? Looks like some people on this board are getting the message that you and I are trying to put out about these frames. This is really a nice looking frame. Simple light weight. He's building a teardrop trailer not a trailer for a teardrop.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Tue May 31, 2005 5:05 pm

Thanks all for the nice words. Cary I tried my best to copy Camp-Inns design. it was hard with just a few dimensions and some pictures I have seen. By the way Cary how do yall attach the door hinges. With the door trim it's got me wondering.
This past Saturday I moved the tear onto the frame I did it by myself it really was not as bad as I thought. I think I could have finished the whole body then moved it onto the frame with just a little help. tonight I am going to bolt it to the frame.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby Cary Winch » Tue May 31, 2005 7:16 pm

Steve,

Did we send along instructions for the door frame? There are some, and I hope they didn't get forgotten. The pictures on how to this in the instructions are pretty important. Basically you lay your hinge flat on the side where you want it and mark the door frame at the top and bottom of the hinge. Then saw through the outer edge of the frame. There is a thin spot in the extrusion where it will allow this outer lip to tear off. Just grab it with a vise grips and roll it off like a sardine can lid.

Let me know about the instructions.

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:56 am

Cary, nope. I did not see any instructions.

By the way the wheels are US wheels from Summit Racing they are 15x6 Part number USW-52-5610 I think someone was asking.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby Cary Winch » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:08 pm

Steve,

Aha! that explains it. I was wondering because I didn't pack up your stuff so I didn't know. I'll get them out in the mail to you, hold on doing anything with it until then.

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques