Walls are up.

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:26 pm

Along the lines of what Chip was saying, you could do like a lot of plumbers do and mount a piece of 4" PVC on top with a cap on one end and a drain cleanout on the other. Cut it to a little longer than what you need and just slide your frame pipe inside. The advantage is it's alway there and out of the way. Just a thought.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby SmokeyBob » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:40 pm

Thanks for those tips about putting the PVC on top but I forgot about my battery and there are 9 PVC pipes 1 3/4" dia. Several weeks ago I thought about making a small door in the back so I could put the battery in from the rear of the camper.
I forgot about that. :oops: Old age.

Inside the rear of the camper I am going to build a storage box about 12" high and 18" deep. It would be the width of the camper. The top of this box will have a lid I can raise to store things in it. I planned on using one side of this storage box to put my battery and electrical connections in. I thought an access door from the outside would make it easier for me to put this battery in the camper.

So now I'm thinking one door the width of the camper about 16" high. This would give me access to the back side of this storage box to put the battery in and the PVC pipe. Or I could put in two doors.

I can only imagine what you all were thinking when you put in your hatches.
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques