Stove

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby davel » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:58 pm

Laredo,

Cindy says that it works like a toaster oven. Makes toast well but I doubt that you could really bake in it. We really like it and it works well with all three burners running. Only thing we are thinking of adding is a cast iron grill for the top.
davel
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:53 pm

They opened a Pro Bass Shop in Denver and I stopped by for the first time. The carry the Flamenta under a different name (but it still says Flamenta on the oven). Click Here
to see it.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Ron Shaw » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:24 pm

Thanks a lot Madjack... :applause: I needed to see that post with all those galleys. Now all I've gotta do is make up my feeble mind as to what I am going to do. 8) WOW Choices, Choices, Choices.....
Ron Shaw
Teardrop Dreamer
Ron Shaw
Teardrop Builder

Outback is the same as Cabela's

Postby Guy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:46 pm

Dear Bruce,

That Flamineta / Outback is the same onne the sell at Cabela's.

Does Flamineta make one that has a temperature control on the oven? The one shown does not regulate the temp.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:08 pm

Hey Guy....I'm just sketching out some plans...I checked out the Cabela's oven...it shows that there is a top enclosure and wind wings on it that isn't shown on the Bass Pro shops unit...cabelas description doesn't indicate anything about the top cover though, so I don't know if the Cabelas top cover is an option or not...it doesn't indicate that it is extra...both stoves are the same price.......Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby mexican tear » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:31 pm

Guy

I have not been able to find a Famineta type stove with a temp control. My wife says that it works OK if you do what Dean did and just drill a hole in the side and put a thermometer (turkey cooker type) in the side and watch the temp. Once you get the valve set right for the ambient temp, it kind of goes along fine.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Re: Outback is the same as Cabela's

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:13 pm

Guy wrote:Dear Bruce,

That Flamineta / Outback is the same onne the sell at Cabela's.

Does Flamineta make one that has a temperature control on the oven? The one shown does not regulate the temp.

Guy,
I just got my Outback from Cabela's. It has a control valve and an oven thermometer that hangs inside the door window on the rack. I checked the thermomometer and it was more acurate than the high end GE range oven in the house. Found the GE range digital readout was off by 20 degrees but the outback thermometer was right on. The outback was pretty easy to control the temp once it heated up. Baked some pretty good biscuits on the workbench too!!

Steve 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:55 pm

Steve....does the Cabelas unit have a cover and end wings as pictured on the Cabelas site....info on the stove doesn't mention it...and it's the same price as the Flamenta....thanks in advance...Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:46 am

doug hodder wrote:Steve....does the Cabelas unit have a cover and end wings as pictured on the Cabelas site....info on the stove doesn't mention it...and it's the same price as the Flamenta....thanks in advance...Doug

Mine dosen't have that cool top and wings, but when I ordered it, the picture in the on line catalog didn't have them either. Must be that they have upgraded and for the same price too.... Just my luck, got last years model. Think I'll give Cabela's customer service a call and tell them my friend Doug pointed out how I had been slighted.

Steve :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques