building for real

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby madjack » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:09 pm

... RW Johnson http://www.teardroptrailers.net/parts/fender/fender.htm
they are the wide kit style (FENW)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby IraRat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:27 am

Woody wrote:I would figure/engineer it to be supportive from the teardrop body itself, instead of the tongue or with minimal support from it. It would be a concern of tongue flexing or twisting issues and transfer it to the shroud assembly and then to the front wall framing and skin.

Great point, Woody. Since I don't have a difficult curve on my front profile (I go a straight 90 degrees for like 18 inches on the front from the bottom). maybe my best bet is to skin everything, then attach a shelf from that double-spar resting on the floor. A good idea might have been to raise that spar 3/4 off the floor, so I could have slid a piece of 3/4 under and into the cabin, secured to the floor. There may have been a nice cosmetic fix to doing it that way too, kind of like a fireplace floor.
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby norm perkiss » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:23 pm

Madjack,
Excellent design and craftmanship. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.
Norm
norm perkiss
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques