Looking for door latch ideas

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby hammer & tongs » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:45 am

The one I'm building now has 1/2" outer wall, 3/4" inner frame and 1/4" luan interior, totalling 1.5"..last one was 3/8" outer wall, making the total1&3/8"...
" By whose stripes you were healed ."
(1 Peter 2:24b )
hammer & tongs
Teardrop Master

Postby Ken A Hood » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:40 am

This is what I'm planning on using for my doors since I've already picked up a couple of sets.....

I thinking of trying to incorporate a slam type latch for the hatch......
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby Bob Olszewski » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:26 am

Ken A Hood, I like the ones you're using. Where did you get them
Bob Olszewski
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ken A Hood » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:59 am

Bob Olszewski wrote:Ken A Hood, I like the ones you're using. Where did you get them

Bob, I picked up the Lock set with the deadbolt on eBay. The seller is in Canada, so it saved me on shipping. He does ship to the US as well, and the set is well made and heavy. I bought them a while ago, and looking at his listings his prices have gone up (but all metal prices have).
If you want the link to his auctions just drop me a PM.

The other latch (round slam latch) is also from a seller on eBay, although I haven't bought these from them; I've bought other parts from them. Her brother is a designer, and designs alot of the marine parts they sell.

I bought this from them, and it's 316 Stainless, and very heavy solid pieces. There a little pricey; but I couldn't find anything comparable [in my area] that were made as well..
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques