Side Attached with Pocket hole screws.

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby NightCap » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:53 pm

I am really going to make use of that under floor storage. I will put long things down the middel and stoves, bedding in the other four compartments.
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BestmanDan » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:13 am

I really like the idea of underfloor storage. Yours gives me some good ideas! Thanks! Looks good! :applause:
BestmanDan
Donating Member

big drawer

Postby Lesbest » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:39 am

You might want to think how you are going to grt the poles etc. that you put in the long cavity. When you stop they will travel all the way to the front and maybe out of reach from the back. I did something like that foe underbed storage at home and to solve the "I can't reach it" call, I made a small 3 sided drawer with a base with a rope thru the back wall to pull the things out. To re-store you just poke it back under with the poles. The rope makes it easy to pull out and you don't have to worry about it being an ankle biter. Good Luck. Les
Music is like chocolate.......you can't really enjoy it unless the rappers are gone.
Lesbest
The 300 Club

Re: big drawer

Postby NightCap » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:17 pm

Lesbest wrote:You might want to think how you are going to grt the poles etc. that you put in the long cavity. When you stop they will travel all the way to the front and maybe out of reach from the back. I did something like that foe underbed storage at home and to solve the "I can't reach it" call, I made a small 3 sided drawer with a base with a rope thru the back wall to pull the things out. To re-store you just poke it back under with the poles. The rope makes it easy to pull out and you don't have to worry about it being an ankle biter. Good Luck. Les

That is a good idea, The kites i'm putting in the middle will take up the entire length. But if something else gets put in there I will have a problem getting them out. The two side holes only go half way and will hold my three burner colman stove quite well. Thanks for the input.

Kevin
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques