sealing walls????

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby Melvin » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:29 pm

K-1 wrote:Polyester resin is not water proof, epoxy is. -Wayne-

On the other hand many a plywood boat is protected by polyester resin and some have lasted decades in and out of the water.
Commandant Louis Joseph Lahure has a singular distinction in military history - he defeated a navy on horseback. Occupying Holland in January 1795, the French continental army learned that the mighty Dutch navy had been frozen into the ice around Texel Island. So Lahure and 128 men simply rode up to it and demanded surrender. No shots were fired.
Melvin
Teardrop Master

Postby kayakrguy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:27 pm

Bill,

We epoxied the walls--outside and edges and varnished (3 coats interior side) before assembling to the floor. It sure is easier to do with stuff on horses. Now, I will have to do some minor touch up with epoxy after I fill screw holes etc. Also, there were a few nicks and scratches to the varnish that will have to be touched up but that beats, painting inside a 4' high ceiling!

Good Luck,

Jim
A disposition to preserve, and an ability to improve, taken together, would be my standard of a statesman...

But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.

Edmund Burke
kayakrguy
Lifetime member

Postby dwgriff1 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:13 pm

I prefinished everything possible. I didn't think laying on my back in a tear putting paint on lowest section above my feet was going to be a lot of fun.

I'm just plain lazy.

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby kayakrguy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:19 am

Bill,

Forgot to mention...we did doors too...epoxy on exterior and edges, varnish on inside...hope to help prevent warping...

Jim
A disposition to preserve, and an ability to improve, taken together, would be my standard of a statesman...

But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.

Edmund Burke
kayakrguy
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques