Howdy to all...

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Howdy to all...

Postby vinoscooter » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:15 am

:) As of right now, In just here to learn..will be building a version of Paul Butler's camp pod..it will be 4x8x48"hi...harbor freight trailer is built..winter's on its way here,so looking at next spring to finish...the squared off tear will have a rear door...& will be able to use it as a truck camper or as a bolt on to the trailer..Take care All...
" You have enemies? Good! It means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Postby Chip » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:46 am

Well Scooter,,,welcome to teardrops 101,, look, read, dream, draw, and most important make a little sawdust,,,no matter how much time you spend in research,,the lab time is where your actual learning curve starts to rise,,,graduation is a finished trailer,,,welcome to the fraternity house,,
take lots of pics to keep and share with the board,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Howdy to all...

Postby BufordT » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:26 am

vinoscooter wrote: :) As of right now, In just here to learn..will be building a version of Paul Butler's camp pod..it will be 4x8x48"hi...harbor freight trailer is built..winter's on its way here,so looking at next spring to finish...the squared off tear will have a rear door...& will be able to use it as a truck camper or as a bolt on to the trailer..Take care All...

A camp pod. Can't wait to see it started. Looking forward to all the details. I have the plans and would like to follow along.

Welcome aboard. Keep us posted.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Scooter » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:45 am

From one newbie to another, welcome to the forum and good luck with your teardrop. :)
The RoadCamper the old teardrop
Scooter
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:42 am

Welcome Vino...

Looking forward to hearing about your progress... oh take pictures too!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Thanks too all for the warm welcome...

Postby vinoscooter » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:38 pm

Working on getting photo's...or at least drawings posted...Planned on being much farther along on the pod...decided to re-roof my house...found from 4 to 8" of volcanic ash between the roof and ceiling...from mt st helen's..what a Freakin mess...A month later im finished...now winter's settin in...no shop to work in..My planning goes on...Down to the type of screws,Glue,Skin,Finishing trim,...& did i find the right web site! Ya darn right...A wealth of info..Thanks to all...And if that mountain blows again...The pod better be finished...Vacation Time... : :)
" You have enemies? Good! It means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:45 pm

4 to 8" of ash? How the heck did that happen? Did they have the roof off when she blew the last time?

Yea, I hear rumblings that she wants to blow again... I'd get cracking on that Pod... turn it into a Weekender project! 8)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

This old house is nearly 90 yr's old...purchased in 1992..

Postby vinoscooter » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:09 pm

The roof was in bad repair,some complete holes in the roof...the house was vacant..some complete holes in the back side..exposed rafters...I had patched it,tell a last winter wind storm made spaghetti out of my 3 tab,& rolled roofing patch job..+ other damage...had patched it again...then last minute thoughts... :idea: Tore the roof off...Most likely it had something to do w/a new lady freind in my life...Well i can't expect her to be mopping up water all winter now can I :twisted: Besides when it rained we had to get the pram out of the shed...She doesn't like rowing...Take care..
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques