How do you make curved, outer trim?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby doug hodder » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Wow Jeff!!! that really looks good, I really like your design! ....remember to ease the hard edges on the trim to prevent the top coat from wanting to crack and check along those edges. A hard 90 won't work in the long term. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:31 pm

That's looking mighty pretty there Jeff. I'm glad to hear you bounced back and gave it another try. :thumbsup:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby WarPony » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:08 pm

doug hodder wrote:....remember to ease the hard edges on the trim to prevent the top coat from wanting to crack and check along those edges...

Yep, I remember the trouble that John (Micro), had with his build and after that I took notice.
I'm going to run a router around all the trim boards with a bit to put a nice, rounded edge on them. I think it will look better, also.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby benzu » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:01 am

Jeff, I know its been a long time since we talked but I just checked out your build and its looking great. I'm in the process of fixing my galley door and doing the interior stuff, I'll post some pictures soon. I have to get mine done before the end of May or my wife is going to kick me out of the house, at least I'll have a place to stay. (ie, trailer)

Benzie
benzu
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:33 pm

benzu wrote:.....I have to get mine done before the end of May or my wife is going to kick me out of the house, at least I'll have a place to stay....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the compliments, Mike!! The build is grinding along, haven't done much since the pics were put up but I'm going to have to kick it up a notch or I'm going to hear about it, too.

In July, we're heading out your way for vacation again. Don't know if we'll be going through Denver or not but I'll let you know so we can see the finished product....... 8)

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby benzu » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:36 pm

Sounds good, we will be doing a lot of weekenders after the trailer is done it's been way too long since the last time we went camping.
benzu
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques