Batter, 12 volt

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby Arne » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:59 pm

Ah, a bit of clarification on the sam's bat thing. The brochure covered a nascar bat on one side ($105.00) and the marine deep cycle on the other ($125.00).

I'm going for the big one for several reasons. I need the weight in the back to help balance the a/c in the front (am also hanging the spare underneath the back end). The tongue weight has gotten a bit porky... I also want the extra power... The optima d51, 26#, 42 a/h is $107.00 plus shipping (again, I assume they charge for shipping). So, I get the added weight (who woulda thought I'd want more?) and extra run time.....

Am planning the battery box set up to include the new 500 watt invertor (sam's for $27.00), bat charger, etc.....

I snowblowed the drive way and it is now bone dry. The sun is getting higher and I may yet survive another crappy winter.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby asianflava » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:34 pm

arnereil wrote:I snowblowed the drive way and it is now bone dry. The sun is getting higher and I may yet survive another crappy winter.....

The a/c in the house kicked on today. 79degrees outside and sunny for the first time in a long time.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:34 pm

Here's my approach to batteries. I've got 2 boats, 1 tent trailer, and the tear. Whenever I get a battery, I make sure that it crosses over to anything that I want to run. Rather than getting a bunch of them and maintaing them all I just get one that is interchangeable. I also had the need to remove it from the boat and install it in the truck to get home on 1 occasion. I try to get something that is typical in size so that it is way interchangeable. If I couldn't get the deep cycle into the truck, I'd still be sitting at 10K feet in Colo. Just an idea. Doug Hodder
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby TomS » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:42 pm

asianflava wrote: The a/c in the house kicked on today. 79degrees outside and sunny for the first time in a long time.

We got a foot of snow this weekend. Wanna trade?
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MeTrO » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:09 pm

Just wanted to add, Optima ships their batteries for free! Usually by the time you buy it elsewhere for cheaper, it actually comes out higher with shipping.
Don't just float through life, make waves.
MeTrO
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques