insulation yes or no ?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

okay we do it

Postby FlyerSkip » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:10 am

Sounds like the insulation will go in. :) I thought that may be best but I wanted to ask and get someother thoughts on the matter. If things go as planed we may get started on the tear in the next few weeks. I'm sure we will still do the hanging quilts inside just cuz I thing it would be cool to be able to change the inside to match the seasons. Gonna have ta do a lot of sewing. :lol:
A one legged duck swims in a circle.
FlyerSkip
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:08 am

...just to throw an extra 2 cents in here...I insulate the top, ues 3/4"ply for walls and 1'2 for floor...I put a 1" piece of insulation board on the floor(just laid in there) and put the mattress on top...haven't done it yet, but I am going to put a carpet runner along the bottom of the wall...this will help keep from getting those cold "surprises" on a bare butt...as far as condensation goes, keep window and a vent cracked and you should be good togo......
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

what I think I gonna do

Postby FlyerSkip » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:22 pm

I think what I'll do is cut the walls from the ply like I planed then I'll cut out the ply to allow for the insulation. By doing it this way I don't have to bother with the stud type construction. I still get the eas of ply and the strength and I don't have to cut and join a bunch of smaller pieces. :D 8)
FlyerSkip
Teardrop Advisor

Postby FlyerSkip » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:24 pm

I always planed on insulating the top. Hey there are a few new pics in the album. She told me I changed my mind on the style and that I needed to fix it. :lol:
FlyerSkip
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 2bits » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:51 pm

madjack wrote:...just to throw an extra 2 cents in here...I put a 1" piece of insulation board on the floor(just laid in there) and put the mattress on top...
madjack 8)

That's keepin it simple! Thanks, I am going to do the same...
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 07rascal » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:38 pm

madjack wrote:....this will help keep from getting those cold "surprises" on a bare butt...

Now, Madjack, did we really need that visual? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Terry & Lisa
--------------------------------
From our LG Rascal to the Cabin-A.....The LG found a good home!

"When employed, live like your unemployed....so that when your unemployed you can live like your employed!!"

07rascal
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques