Undercoating

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby tdthinker » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:23 pm

I am having them custom make matallic silver rhino liner (grandpa is a dealer) and having my wholl thing sprayed with it other than the under bellie which will probly be just plane black. I like aluminum but it is just added cost for something that can get air bubbles, wood looks grate but gets dings to easy, so my Jolene told me to get rhino liner on it, It looks grate and is cheep. Cant be destroyed and seals all leaks and I can use scrap plywood and note care if I scratch it up. So I will get the same grate look with the added protection. bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby D. Tillery » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:16 am

Ryan,
I heard that covering the entire trailer with Rhino liner adds a lot of weight. Good idea though. Any idea as to the weight of that much Rhino liner?
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby tdthinker » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:32 am

I know it adds quite a bit of wheight which I am not really bothered by like most people with tears. I know it depends on how thick they put it on but I wont know the exact wheight till I wheigh it, spray it, and wheigh it again. Most people with tears have small cars thus a small camper. I am getting a jeep cherikee or jeep grand cherikee for my 16th birthday from my grandpa (car dealer) If It is to heavy for that than I have over calculated! But if it is a bit hard on it I will trade into my grandpa for a bigger truck or just barrow one on the trips. bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques