Progress made!!

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Progress made!!

Postby MtrngMan » Sun May 08, 2005 7:57 am

The tear refit is progressing well. I have lengthened the frame and floor. The side extensions are up and glued with 3 stringers in as well.
I am trying out a new poly glue mainly because it is 6 bucks cheaper than Gorilla glue. It dries up differently and forms a tough skin. It is pliable after 12 hours where the Gorilla glue would not be. This may be an advantage, but I'm not sure yet.
I have posted more pictures of the refit at the link below if anyones interested. Were still trying to come up with a name for the tear. There is also a picture of the side awning that my wife is sewing for the tear, I will be attaching it to the Tear with the 3-M Dual Lock fasteneing system. This stuff will hold 40lbs per square inch according to 3-M. Let me know what you think of the progress please.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/goofyguy043/album?.dir=/988a&.src=ph&.tok=phov46CBiW0QMods
MtrngMan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BufordT » Mon May 09, 2005 6:25 am

Looking Good.
Keep us posted.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby j_b317 » Tue May 10, 2005 6:41 pm

Wowsers! That looks like much more than a "refit" to me! I'd say it's nearly a frame-off rebuild! :applause:

Looks great, keep the pictures comin'! :thumbsup:

jb
"Everybody dies but not everybody lives!"
j_b317
Teardrop Inspector

Postby MtrngMan » Fri May 13, 2005 8:01 pm

Thanks for the encouragement :D ...I've been working every night and the weekends lately trying to finish the interior before memorial day camp trip we have planned. Got 2 weeks now...lot to get done yet.
I have posted more picture of the progress to date. Have the A/C roughed in, the left side window ready to mount, and the ceiling in. I plan on finishing the stud work this weekend and possibly the interior upper walls. I'm going to do the inside walls in 3/16 luan, stained, with aromatic cedar on the bottom of the walls like wainsscotting with a chair rail. Then i will seal it all with 2 coats of water base polyurethane.
My better half is completing the awning for over the door, she hopes to have that done by the end of the week.
I'll keep y'all posted on my progress. :worship:
MtrngMan
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques