Epoxy Resins

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Epoxy Resins

Postby nickster60 » Mon May 09, 2005 7:34 am

Has anyone coated the the bottom of there floor with epoxy? I have some of this stuff left from another project.
nick
nickster60
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SteveH » Mon May 09, 2005 9:51 am

Don't see why it wouldn't work great. I'd thin it a little so it would soak into the wood real good.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Epoxy Resins

Postby Joanne » Mon May 09, 2005 12:26 pm

nickster60 wrote:Has anyone coated the the bottom of there floor with epoxy? I have some of this stuff left from another project.

I'm planning on covering the bottom of my trailer with resin. I'm going to cover the entire outside of the trailer with resin/glass/boat paint rather than aluminum. Mine isn't a traditional tear so this approach makes the most sense for my project.

Depending on how much resin you have left, you may want to consider sealing the end grain of the plywood. That's where my greatest concern is. It seems like a lot of the problems with old trailers is water leakage starting rot inside the plywood. I'm thinking that edge sealing will help prevent that.

My .02 worth,
Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques