Venting the cabin

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby Chip » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:21 pm

Mike I had a wood seat but most of the varnish was worn off,,I just couldnt part with it,,I mean we have spent a lot of time together and there are so many memories,,,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Eric Adams » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:22 pm

mikeschn wrote:Uh oh... the sink is gone? You mean I can't offer it as a prize in the low cost teardrop contest? Darn... now I gotta come up with something else...

Anyone have a harvest gold toilet seat they want to donate? :rofl:

Mike...

Maybe a clear toilet seat with the change in it? :)

Since I am the lucky new owner of the sink I will dig around and find a suitable 70-ish prize. Deal? :D
Eric Adams
The 300 Club

Postby Chip » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:30 pm

Eric,,,congratulations,,,,you lucky man,,,,enjoy,,good health, good luck,, and as Donna just said good riddance,,Ill box it up and try to get it out tomorrow,,,,,,,ok

got another item up for grabs,,,but this is not gonna be free,,its a fully insulated,,plastic lined,, one or two shelf,,metal front,,,"PEA GREEN ICE BOX",,,this puppy is about 2'high and 18 to 20" front to back and side to side,,,now to become the proud owner of this collectible ya got to pay postage,,,,,,yal let me know

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Eric Adams » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:03 pm

Chip wrote:Eric,,,congratulations,,,,you lucky man,,,,enjoy,,good health, good luck,, and as Donna just said good riddance,,Ill box it up and try to get it out tomorrow,,,,,,,ok

got another item up for grabs,,,but this is not gonna be free,,its a fully insulated,,plastic lined,, one or two shelf,,metal front,,,"PEA GREEN ICE BOX",,,this puppy is about 2'high and 18 to 20" front to back and side to side,,,now to become the proud owner of this collectible ya got to pay postage,,,,,,yal let me know

chip

Come on guys!!! Bueller?
I am outa the running...surely someone needs a cool ice box? :)
(Trying to help here Chip)
Eric Adams
The 300 Club

Vents

Postby nater104 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:10 am

Are the slants on these types of vents enough to keep water out? What about with a lot of wind when it rains?
I don't think I'd use this big of a vent, but I was just wondering if those types of slants keep the rain out completely?

What type of vents do you use and where did you get it?
Nathan -~- In the Lehigh Valley, PA
1966 15' Scotty Gaucho
1973 Apache Ramada
2008 Jayco 19H
nater104
Teardrop Master

Postby Eric Adams » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:20 am

Eric Adams wrote:
Chip wrote:Eric,,,congratulations,,,,you lucky man,,,,enjoy,,good health, good luck,, and as Donna just said good riddance,,Ill box it up and try to get it out tomorrow,,,,,,,ok

chip

Come on guys!!! Bueller?
I am outa the running...surely someone needs a cool ice box? :)
(Trying to help here Chip)

Well I am throwing in my request for the Icebox. It'd match the sink. :)

Chip???
Eric Adams
The 300 Club

Postby Chip » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:08 am

Eric,, I pulled the box out in the light and really looked it over ,,you dont want it,,believe me,,,there is a hole and a crack in the face plate that is plastic,,,also it has been bounced around a good bit in the shed and there is now a large crack that starts in a corner and runs up the right side towards the back,,,its toast,,,its going to its deserved reward,,,I wouldnt even give it away to my ex wife,,,

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Eric Adams » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:41 am

Chip wrote:Eric,, I pulled the box out in the light and really looked it over ,,you dont want it,,believe me,,,there is a hole and a crack in the face plate that is plastic,,,also it has been bounced around a good bit in the shed and there is now a large crack that starts in a corner and runs up the right side towards the back,,,its toast,,,its going to its deserved reward,,,I wouldnt even give it away to my ex wife,,,

chip

Ah...now my plans for the disco ball in my TD are shattered! :lol:
Guess I'll have the wife cancel my order at JC Penney for the bell bottom polyester pants also! :shock: :lol:

No problem. :) I had gotten the sink and not heard anything back on e-mail bout the Icebox so I dropped a note. Hope your TD details are starting to get done. :D
Eric Adams
The 300 Club

Postby Mark Mckeeman » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:45 am

Hi Guys,

I didn’t realize I was sitting on a goldmine. I have the lovely harvest gold sink and Ice box that I removed from my scrapped out '73 pop-up. I think I'll keep them for a low cost recycled teardrop project. I'm currently cutting down the trailer to 4X8, which I know is small but in order to keep the cost down I figure it's the best size.

Mark
Mark Mckeeman
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques