Baja Benroy...

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Baja Benroy...

Postby Shrug53 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:28 pm

Hey Mike, do you have interior shots of your benroy with the bed and table set up? I would like to compare the two side by side and see if I am on the right track.
By the way, what does that one weigh?
"Better living through reckless experimentation"
http://www.forgottenclassics.com
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:47 pm

Oh sure... good thing you asked before it got totally dark out there...

Here's the one with the table down...

And here's the one with the table up!

And you already know, that's a queen sized bed in there that we are sleeping on!!! :shock:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Shrug53 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:10 pm

Many thanks. Does that leg just fold up? when you lower it to the lip? How is it attached to the wall there? Some kind of latch or rail or something?
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:14 pm

Yes the leg just folds up. I bought it at the local RV dealership. I think it was around $15.

And it attaches to the wall with a fancy piece of aluminum that fits over a channel. I'll see if I can get a picture of that for you tomorrow.

Mike...

P.S. If I forget, just remind me. :wink:
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Shrug53 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:15 pm

Well, now I can say it... I wanna be like Mike!
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:26 pm

You may not have seen it, cause I have it covered with cushions, but since the table is not as wide as the bed, I have 3 additional boards that I set on that lip to bring the width of the wood out to 5'.

We like the arrangement of the Baja Benroy. I've been experimenting with models to see if I can come up with something I like in a smaller package, but I've not had any luck yet.

My parents came to Michigan today, for the first time since Thanksgiving. It was the first time they saw the Baja Benroy. They were thrilled with it. They said, compared to my first one, the Baja Benroy was a world of improvement. They especially liked the size, and the table in there. And of course it helped that those foam cushions are so comfy! :D

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques